u-he Zebra 2 Software Synthesizer
Please note this is available via ELECTRONIC DOWNLOAD only, your download code will be sent to you in 30 minutes or less during normal business hours. There are NO returns on this product.
Zebra2 is a sound-design playground. A powerful, high quality (but still cpu friendly) sound engine together with numerous sound sculpting tools makes Zebra2 capable of a near-limitless range of new sounds and textures. A favourite amongst soundtrack composers, producers and sound designers, Zebra2 provides all the tools you need—the rest is up to you.
- 4 powerful wavetable (16) oscillators with integrated spectral effects
- 1, 2, 4 or 11 times unison, with detune and stereo spread
- Polyphonic (up to 16 voices), duophonic or mono and legato modes
- 4 fm oscillators with 8 alternative waveforms (not only sine)
- 2 Wavefolder modules New in version 2.8
- 4 regular filters with 23 different modes
- 4 cross-modulation filters (XMF)
- 12-slot modulation matrix with depth modulation from a second source
- Flexible signal routing: 4×12 voice patching grid, 3×6 effects patching grid
- Countless modulation destinations, including individual envelope stages and FX parameters
- 4 expanded adsr envelopes with extra sustain, loop or release options
- 4 syncable multi-stage envelope generators (mseg) with up to 32 segments each
- 4 per-voice lfos plus 2 global lfos
- 21 stereo effects: 2× chorus/flanger, 2× delay, 2× EQ, 2× compressor, 2× reverb and more Updated in version 2.8
- 4 assignable XY pads
- Microtuning support (standard .tun files)
- New preset browser with search functions New in version 2.8
- Resizable ui from 70% to 200%
- Skinnable ui
- midi learn page and editable list
- Global preferences page
- Over 500 factory presets
Workhorse with stripes
Zebra is our wireless modular synthesizer. It combines many different types of synthesis with a powerful modulation engine. Imagine — you can create any additive, freehand or spline-based waveform you like, apply a vast selection of spectral effects, morph between those waves and send them through classic synth filters. Perhaps use that entire sound as modulator for an fm oscillator, or route it through a comb filter —the building block of physical modeling synthesis. All generator modules, all signal paths, all effects are stereo.
Although the possibilities are practically infinite, you will never be overwhelmed by needless complexity —Zebra’s adaptive interface only shows the modules you are actually using. It is a fascinating playground for sound designers. That is what Zebra is all about, that is why it has become so popular. That is why thousands of free presets are available online.
Why we think you will love Zebra
- the unique patching system is a bliss to work with, complexity never gets in your way
- it is renowned for crystal-clear quality… which can turn dark & dirty if you want
- no static samples here—pure synthesis delivers more expressive & natural sounds
- heavily featured in blockbusters The Dark Knight, Inception, Transformers, Tron:Legacy…
- the editor window is resizable, and there are some nice alternative skins available
- it has an independent charm, with a vibrant community of helpful users in the KVR forum
- the clever design and adaptive ui keep everything you need on a single page
- …and so much more.