iZotope VocalSynth 2 - Upgrade
Please note this is available via
ELECTRONIC DOWNLOAD only, your download code will be sent to you in 30
minutes or less during normal business hours. There are NO returns on
VocalSynth 2 is an immersive vocal experience that adapts and adapts and evolves with your unique style and opens up a world of vocal possibilities. Color and shape vocals with five blendable eccentric-must-haves and stompbox-style studio effects. A one-stop for past, present, and future vocal sounds, VocalSynth 2 features a Vocoder, Compuvox, Polyvox, Talkbox, and Biovox: a brand new effect based on the sonic qualities of the human vocal tract.
- Biovox: Using scientific modeling of a human vocal tract, adjust human vocalcharacteristics like nasality, vowel shapes, and formants for a smooth, textural vocaltreatment to any audio signal.
- Stompbox-style effects: VocalSynth 2’s effects include two brand new pedal-styleeffects: Chorus and Ring Mod with a unique tremolo effect. Now drag to re-order all seven effects including an improved Shred with sequencer as well as Distort, Filter, Transform, and Delay.
- 3 ways to play: VocalSynth 2 is built to be flexible, giving you three ways to interact and create: Auto Mode, MIDI Mode, and Sidechain Mode.
- Inter-plugin communication: Use VocalSynth 2 within Neutron 2’s Visual Mixer and Masking Meter, as well as Tonal Balance Control for a bird’s eye view of your music production at all times.
- Extensive sonic enhancements to the Vocoder module as well as Talkbox, Polyvox, and Compuvox that improve usability, CPU utilization, and sound quality.
- Reimagined interface with deep control: VocalSynth 2 includes a brand new, modern interface and the addition of advanced synthesizer controls for each individual module. Paired with a fluid, evolving visualization, VocalSynth 2 is primed for hours of creativity with you at the helm.
- VocalSynth 2 is available as part of the all new Creative Suite, a collection of unique and inspiring tools to help you find your sound: VocalSynth 2, BreakTweaker Expanded, Stutter Edit, Iris 2, Trash 2 Expanded, DDLY, and Mobius Filter.
Create and manipulate your biological imprint with a brand new vocal effect. Using scientific modeling of a human vocal tract, adjust human vocal characteristics like nasality, vowel shapes, and formants for a smooth, textural vocal treatment to any audio signal. Use surgically to adapt takes to better fit your production or apply as a creative effect to make a vocal more present, breathy, or totally mangle it!
- Use the Vowel control to impart a vowel characteristic onto your audio. Use it to perfect your vocal performance and add excitement, fit backing vocals into the mix, and add natural-sounding vocal intensity to any sound imaginable!
- Change your performance with the Breath and Nasal controls: mix in breathy, whisper-like character to your audio, or crank up the nasality of your voice.
- Pan, filter, and further shape the processed signal with advanced synth and mix controls, including dozens of presets and oscillator combinations.
The classic “talking synth,” the Vocoder gives you the vocal sounds you know and love from famous recordings such as Michael Jackson’s “P.Y.T,” with the flexibility to create something new. Choose from 10 distinct presets and three distinct vocoder types, and fine tune with the Shift, Contour, and Scale controls. You’ve never seen a Vocoder with this much flexibility!
- Explore new worlds of robotic vocal sounds with this powerful vocoder: easy to setup and packed with great presets, it’s easy to get up and running with a meaty sound!
- Smooth, Vintage, and Hard modes let you quickly choose between a range of classic hardware and modern digital vocoder sounds
- Control intelligibility with the Scale knob, and frequency shift with the Shift knob. Further control the character of your selected mode, brighten or darken the frequency spectrum, and add articulation and presence with these three simple controls.
Commonly known as the effect behind the Speak & Spell, Compuvox can digitize, crush, resample, or otherwise computerize the sound of your voice. Used gently, this can add an interesting inharmonic quality to the sound. Pushed farther, this control can reduce your audio to almost unrecognizable levels of digital chaos.
- Computer voice effect modeled after the handheld talking and teaching toys of the 1980s.
- Three different flavors of processing that react to your audio in unique ways: With Spell, Read, and Math modes, find the right tone that perfectly complements your voice!
- Use the Bits, Bytes, and Bats controls to add digital aliasing noise to crush your vocal, artificially prolong your vowel sounds, or add a gravel-like quality for a guttural vocal sound!
Unlock the door to VocalSynth’s funkiest sounds with the Talkbox module, made famous by musicians such as Stevie Wonder, The Who, Peter Frampton, Bon Jovi, Chromeo, Zapp and Roger (and many more). Talkboxes can be prohibitively difficult instruments to master, but with VocalSynth you can get that thick, classic tone with the push of a button!
- All the funk without the steep learning curve, messy PVC tubes and rattling teeth! Emulate an old school Talkbox to make a synthesizer or any side-chained instrument “talk” like you.
- Alter the frequency response of the Talkbox effect with three modes: Dark, Classic, and Bright. Choose from a darker sound, a high articulated sound, or a balanced sound reminiscent of a classic talkbox.
- Use our accurately modeled cabinet emulation for control over the physical characteristics of the talkbox speaker. Increase input gain for added articulation and excitement with the Drive knob, or adjust amount of speaker character with the Speaker knob.
Polyvox is VocalSynth’s polyphonic pitch shifter. Whether you’re looking to create natural vocal harmonies reminiscent of a human choir, or the hard-synced, grainy, and computerized harmonies popularized by artists such as Imogen Heap, or even formant-shifted otherworldly sounds, the Polyvox voice generator is for you!
- Create organic harmonies built from your voice with this polyphonic pitch shifter.
- Give vocals more “oomph” by building a group of backup singers that sound as natural or as computerized as you want.
- Add a whole heap of pitch-shifted superhero sounds to your voice.
7 stompbox-style effects
Further enhance your production with a custom drag-and-drop vocal effects chain. VocalSynth 2's effects section now lets you change the order of the modules!
- RING MOD
VocalSynth 2 works within the ecosystem of iZotope products. Like Neutron, Ozone, and Tonal Balance Control, VocalSynth 2 features inter-plugin communication, allowing seamless integration with essential tools for music production and analysis. VocalSynth 2 can be seen within Neutron 2’s Visual Mixer and Masking Meter and also within Tonal Balance Control, allowing you to interact and get visual feedback in real time.
Meet the Anemone, VocalSynth 2’s colorful animation that moves and grows with the shape of your audio signal. Driven by an advanced spectral analysis that reacts to the sonic characteristic of vowels, the Anemone blends fun interaction with a unique metering experience.
3 Ways to Play
The three different modes allow you to interact with VocalSynth 2 in a way that suits your style. Helpful in-app setup instructions tailored to your DAW get you up and running with ease, so you can spend more time making creative decisions.
Lock your vocals into key with real-time pitch correction, generate additional voices and harmonies, and seamlessly blend in your module settings with VocalSynth’s intuitive mix panel.
Use MIDI signal to control your pitch and effortlessly create custom vocal harmonies as you play. This replicates the experience of playing a classic vocoder or talkbox!
Rather than using the synthesizer within VocalSynth, pipe in your own audio to use as your “carrier” signal. This lets you make any audio “talk” or create new outlandish sounds that would be impossible otherwise.