The Future of Mixing
As the industry’s most comprehensive mastering suite, Ozone 8 adds to its legacy by introducing new intelligent signal processing, spectral shaping, Tonal Balance Control, and more. Master your audio with over fifteen years of audio industry firsts at your fingertips. Enhanced with new, futuristic, intelligent features, Ozone 8 is your one stop for a tonally balanced, professional master with twelve essential mastering processors. It’s the smartest version of Ozone yet.
Tonal Balance Control
Tonal Balance Control plug-in presents industry-first visual analysis and communicates with all instances of Neutron 2, allowing you to reach your desired master faster. Compare your work with track references and genre standards informed by analysis on years of popular masters, achieve a target sonic profile, and ensure your delivery will translate for popular distribution channels.
NEW! Spectral Shaper
Smooth and sculpt problematic and harsh frequencies with the new Spectral Shaper module. Mold your audio by applying frequency-specific dynamics, surgically or creatively, to create smooth, balanced audio. Fantastic for taming percussive transients, Spectral Shaper can tame sibilant hi-hats, harsh vocals, plucky acoustic guitars, and other overly bright mix elements. For a creative twist, use Spectral Shaper across any frequency band to experiment with timbre, resonance, and transient information without affecting other elements of the source audio.
12 Essential Mastering Tools with Component Plug-ins
Ozone 8 Advanced includes twelve essential modern and vintage modules with component plug-ins: Spectral Shaper, EQ, Dynamic EQ, Post EQ, Maximizer (with IRC IV and new IRC LL), Imager, Exciter, Dynamics, Vintage Limiter, Vintage Tape, Vintage EQ, Vintage Compressor. Ozone 8 Advanced comes with each module as a component plug-in, allowing you to use any piece of Ozone independently in your session.
A/B your master against reference tracks directly within any instance of Ozone or its standalone application. Now an integrated process, track referencing is easy, intelligent, and incorporated into Ozone’s workflow. Track referencing in Ozone allows you to load up to 10 tracks and will identify sections of your reference for easy playback like Verse or Chorus, so you can spend less time finding and more time mastering.
- Dial in the perfect tonal balance with the new Tonal Balance Control plug-in, which can access any instance of Ozone across all your tracks
- Communicate with Neutron 2 Advanced (sold separately) using the Tonal Balance Control plug-in for a seamless mixing and mastering workflow
- Tame problematic and harsh frequencies with the new Spectral Shaper module
- Quickly A/B track references right from any instance of Ozone or in its standalone application
- Twelve essential modern and vintage modules with component plug-ins: Spectral Shaper, EQ, Dynamic EQ, Post EQ, Maximizer (with IRC IV and new IRC Low Latency mode, Imager, Exciter, Dynamics, Vintage Limiter, Vintage Tape, Vintage EQ, Vintage Compressor
- Create a custom preset with Master Assistant and get your audio to an optimal starting point
- Have deeper control in Ozone’s Maximizer with new low latency IRC mode, Transient/Sustain Stereo Independence, and Learn Threshold.
- Apply any saturation mode (Warm, Retro, Tape, Tube, Triode or Dual Triode) to any individual frequency band in the Exciter.
- Use Ozone Advanced within your preferred host as a single plug-in, as individual component plug-ins, or work within the Ozone standalone application
- Redesigned user interface for an even better mastering experience
Ozone's highly regarded mastering limiter features a new IRC IV algorithm that uses spectral shaping technology, an innovative new way of processing audio. With IRC IV, you can achieve professional loudness and fullness without the limiter needing to work as hard. Get more transparent mixes than ever before with less pumping at higher volumes – ideal for times when you need to tame the kick drum peaks without causing vocals to pump, keep the subtle snap of a snare rimshot in a country single, or give a club track incredible impact. Prevent your master from clipping while dramatically lifting the perceived overall audio level, for more loudness without sacrificing crisp detail.
- Experience transparent limiting with multiple modes of the IRC (Intelligent Release Control) Limiter technology, including the new IRC IV.
- Preserve rhythmic detail while maximizing loudness with Transient Emphasis, which adds smart emphasis to transients.
- Unlink stereo channels to process left and right separately with the Stereo Unlink Control.
- Get visual feedback that informs your limiting with the Gain Reduction Trace meterÛªs scrolling waveform display.
Now in both the standard version of Ozone and Ozone Advanced, the Dynamic EQ module lives and breathes with your music. Get finer control over your sound with the precision of an equalizer and the musical ballistics of a compressor integrated into one processor. With an intuitive workflow and clearer visual feedback, Dynamic EQ is a valuable mastering tool that excels where traditional EQs and compressors fail.
- Choose among five filter shapes including Baxandall Treble, Baxandall Bass, Proportional Q, Band Shelf, and Peak Bell.
- Toggle between analog and digital modes for minimum or linear-phase processing across six independent bands.
- Access targeted dynamic equalization with Mid/Side and Left/Right processing modes.
- Intelligently adjust Attack/Release times automatically across the frequency spectrum with Auto-Scale mode.
- Dynamic nodes show the direction of your adjustments, to make it clear whether you're expanding or cutting.
Glue a mix together and add character with the Vintage Limiter's analog-sounding final-stage limiting. Retain the ease and precision of digital maximizing while bringing a natural feel to harsh and digital-sounding masters. Get the silkiness, body, and nostalgic vibe of classic recordings.
- Inspired by the Fairchild 670 hardware limiter, famous for its silky smooth compression.
- Fine-tune the Vintage Limiter's response to perfectly fit your source material with the Character control.
- Get visual feedback to inform your limiting with the Gain Reduction Trace meterÛ's scrolling waveform display.
Ozone's Preset Manager gives you professionally designed starting points for mastering your projects. Power users will appreciate the ability to create presets that utilize all of Ozone's modules and routing capabilities for instant recall of useful configurations and a customized blend of analog and modern processing. Plus, the Greg Calbi Mastering Presets for Ozone now come as part of your product installation.
- Easily load and save settings for individual modules without affecting the settings of other modules.
- Streamline your decision-making process with outcome-oriented preset descriptions.
Easily fine-tune the dynamics of your mixes with independent control for up to four frequency bands, each with separate limiting, compressing, and expanding. The interactive Threshold control allows you to set threshold points for the Limiter and Compressor stages without taking your eyes off of the gain reduction meter, which provides extra feedback while making your detailed dynamics tweaks.
- Automatically set crossover frequencies based on incoming audio with Learn mode.
- Adjust the dynamics of the center of your mix independently of the sides of your mix with Mid/Side Processing mode.
- Find the perfect compressor settings with the Gain Reduction Trace view, which plots the gain reduction of all dynamics bands on top of a scrolling waveform, and get further visualization with the Dynamic Transfer Curve and spectrum analyzer.
- Add a variable slope high-pass or API Thrust-like Tilt filter for reducing pumping with the Detection Circuit Filter.
Specify the file format for export from a variety of compressed and uncompressed popular formats like MP3, WAV, AIF, and AAC. Eliminate the need for a separate converter and export your digital formats directly from Ozone.
- Export your masters to a variety of formats, sample rates, and bit rates for wherever your music will be heard.
- Export rich metadata - including track name, band name, album, name, and more–when exporting to MP3 and AAC.
As a standalone application, Ozone also allows you to master multiple tracks in one session without leaving Ozone.
- Customize your sound even more by bringing other favorite plug-ins into your Ozone mastering chain with AU/VST plug-in hosting.
- Get smooth song transitions by adjusting the tops and tails of your audio with Trim and Fade controls.
- Instantly highlight changes and similar sections of your audio with the Waveform Segmentation overlay, for quick listening comparisons or for analyzing song structure.
- Get the highest quality conversion possible with iZotope's SRC(sample rate conversion) on file import, and iZotope's MBIT Dither for single- and multiple-file export.
Equalizer and Post Equalizer
Ozone includes two equalizers that combine eight bands of adjustable filters with a variety of filter shapes to choose from. Use the first Equalizer for initial shaping of your master, then take advantage of Ozone's Post Equalizer for even more shaping later on in your signal chain. The Analog-Matched EQ curves preserve analog behavior at high frequencies, giving Ozone authentic analog frequency response.
- Choose from a wealth of digital and analog filter shapes including Baxandall bass and treble, API-inspired Proportional Q, Band Shelf, and resonant High and Low Shelf.
- Get insightful feedback via multiple views: Full Spectrum view, Main view, and All Bands view.
- Capture the spectral characteristics of your favorite mix and apply them to your master with the refined Matching EQ controls.
- Adjust the equalization of the center of your mix independently of the sides of your mix with Mid/Side Processing mode.
- Get precise control for deep cuts with digital filters in Surgical Mode.
- Easily see how your EQ choices affect the signal with unique visualizations of phase delay, phase response, and group delay.
Ozone's Exciter lets you dial in the right amount of bite or warmth to excite dull recordings and bring sparkle and shine to a mix. Add analog character with a variety of modes: easily add tube or tape saturation, accentuate even harmonics, and add punch or sparkle to your project. Multiband and Mid/Side modes give you a large range of sonic possibilities across both the frequency spectrum and the stereo field.
- Choose from the circuit-modeled Triode and Dual Triode modes or the updated Retro, Tape, Warm, or Tube modes.
- Apply targeted processing with simultaneous multiband and Mid/Side processing options.
- View excitation by frequency with the Saturation Spectrum display and sculpt the Exciter's frequency output with a post filter.
- Add harmonics without drastic gain changes with natural-sounding Peak Saturation.
Precisely adjust stereo width for your master using the Imager module. The Imager works with up to four frequency bands–providing independent control over stereo width by frequency. An integrated Vectorscope and Correlation Meter give you valuable visual feedback for the mastering process, including Polar vectorscope modes and a Stereo Balance meter.
- Add depth and natural-sounding stereo width to mono or very narrow mixes–without sacrificing mono compatibility–with Stereoize Mode.
- Add width to any frequency band without causing mono compatibility problems with Antiphase Prevention.
- See the width of your mix by frequency, set crossovers, and see the effect of stereo imaging adjustments on different parts of the spectrum with Stereo Width Spectrum view.
- Easily audition your stereo signal for mono compatibility or left/right signal reversal.
Ozone provides the finest bit reduction algorithms available, allowing you to effectively convert and dither to 24, 20, 16, 12, or 8 bits. Master your track from a 24-bit source for lower-bit output, such as 16-bit for CD (16-bit). Ozone includes our proprietary MBIT+ dither algorithm that reduces quantization distortion with minimal perceived noise – smooth and quiet conversions for the best-sounding dither possible.
- Experience smoother and more consistent mixdowns with dither curves for 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz.
- Get dynamic and transparent conversions with integrated DC offset filtering, auto-blanking, and dither harmonic suppression.
- Enjoy a complete view of the conversion process with a unique set of bit scopes and DC level meters.
Throughout Ozone are forward-thinking tools which help to guide you through your mastering workflow.
- Easily create your own signal path through a customizable signal chain, to combine analog and modern processing.
- Be certain your master is better and not just louder by auditioning with Seamless Bypass to gain-match bypassed audio to your Ozone processing.
- View gain-staging across your mastering chain with Module Gain Meters.
- Save time with a comprehensive Undo History, and quickly compare different settings with A/B tools.
- Get vital visual information at every step of the mastering process. Each module of Ozone offers relevant metering that informs mastering decisions.