XILS4 Synthesizer- Download
Please note this is available via ELECTRONIC DOWNLOAD only, your download code will be sent to you in 30 minutes or less during normal business hours. There are NO returns on this product.
The XILS 4 emulates a prototype that was never released, the EMS VCS4, based on two integrated, interlinked and interacting VCS 3 ( Synthi) cores. We also coupled them with the famous 256 analog polysequencer
Like the 2nd huge Pin Matrix, and its numerous additional modules :
Envelopes, LFOs, S&H, Voltage Processor, Pitch Tracker, Transient etc. Or the recreation of the unique, powerful 256 analog Polysequencer, intimately tied to the synthesis engines. Add to that the analog Chorus ( 3 modes ) Delay and Phaser, the Spring Reverb, and the picture emerges.
In the XILS 4, you can connect everything with everything, and you get more than 1140 possible different connexions per patch. Did we say at Audio Rate ?
An endless source of inspiration for those who want to go deep into the heart of Analog Modular Synthesis.
It’s impossible to summarize what the XILS 4 can do, but, in short, here’s the list of the main modules :
With the XILS 4 research Synthesizer, things that were impossible yesterday become now possible, with never ending programming possibilities.
- 12 Aliasing free Oscillators, grouped in 6 pairs, with WaveShaping, Hard synchronization, + 2 additional Noise oscillators
- 2 Analog Multimode Filters, Non Linear and zero delay Behaviors, with 3 Modes (12/18/24 dB)
- 4 Trapezoidal, looping, Envelope Generators. ( Switchable to standard ADSR )
- 5 Polyphonic LFOs ( including 4 Oscillator acting as LFO at audio rate )
- Polyphonic Ring Modulator and VCA engine
- Cascade Mode : Synthesizer 1 can feed Synth 2 engine inputs
- 4 independent outputs feeding the Stereo Bus, each with one analog Lp/Hp filter
- 2 Programmable Joystick Vector Controllers ( up to 32+32 modulation targets )
- Polyphonic Sequencer with 3 independent lines, Slew rates, 3 recording modes.
- Sequencer can behave as modulation source.
- Pitch Tracker, Enveloppe Follower, Transient, Gate, Sample & Hold Modules
- Chorus, Delay, Phaser, Spring Reverb
- 6 Play modes (including Unison 2/4/6 ), Polyphonic and mono Portamento/Glissando/Legato, 2 different Keyboard Scaling, Polyphonic Aftertouch and VCA handling.
- Nearly 700 presets made by worldwide famous Sound Designers
- Preset Database Engine ( Find the right patch in a flash, create your own tags )
- Comprehensive manual with a getting started and tutorial sections
- More than 100 parameters mappable to midi controllers
- More than 1100 possible connexions per patch ! ! !