Softube 4ms Pingable Envelope Generator (PEG)
Please note this is available via ELECTRONIC DOWNLOAD only, your download code will be sent to you in 30 minutes or less during normal business hours. There are NO returns on this product.
A long-awaited addition to the Softube Modular platform, the 4ms Pingable Envelope Generator opens up a vast array of possibilities beyond the basic ADSR envelope generator included in the core Modular package. Two independent envelope generators can be 'pinged' by external sources - your DAW clock, for example - to define the cycle-length of the envelope(s) and generate rhythmic effects and interactions never before possible in Modular.
Fully licensed and endorsed by 4ms, manufacturers of the original hardware, the 4ms PEG expands your creative horizon. Create crazy polyrhythms for percussive clicks and beeps, or match the elastic wobble of a dubstep bassline to the tempo of your track with ease. Multiply the pinged tempo of each channel to fit two, three, four or more envelope cycles into each beat, or divide to generate longer cycles which still conform to your pinged tempo. And send the envelope generated by one side to CV modulate the parameters of the other. This module is fantastic for fun experimentation, and often results in happy accidents and creative inspiration.
What the 4ms PEG does
With tons of routing options and CV inputs, this module makes serious noise even if it's not intended to make a single sound of its own. Try it and see.
- Two-channel pingable envelope generator
- Use one side at a time to sync the rhythmic aspects of a sound to your track tempo
- Use both sides to quickly concoct awesome generative rhythmic chaos
- Detailed control of the shape of the envelope when generating drum sounds
- Easily create some controllable motion in your textures
- Adds hugely to the capabilities of your Softube Modular system
- Requires Modular