The Moog Theremini is a re-imagination of one of the oldest electronic musical instruments in history, and Bob Moog's first love the Theremin. Its design fuses the experience of performing with an instrument you don't actually touch, with a powerful sound engine derived from Moog's award winning synthesizer, Animoog.
The Moog Theremini guarantees immediate success
to any player at any skill level, while providing new ways to experiment with music, education, and gestural control.
Assistive pitch correction allows each player to adjust the instruments level of playing difficulty. At the maximum position, the Theremini will play every note in a selected scale perfectly, making it impossible play a wrong note. As this control is decreased, more expressive control of pitch becomes possible. When set to minimum, the Moog Theremini will perform as a traditional theremin with absolutely no pitch assistance.
The presets section allows you to select from 32 wavetable-based sounds, store a selected scale & root note, set and recall a specified playing range, and specify per-patch settings for the included stereo delay.
A built in tuner supplies real-time visual feedback of each note as it is played, as well as its proximity to perfection. This is useful for correcting a users playing position, or to educate younger players about pitch and scales.
Recessed at the top of the Moog Theremini is a compact speaker perfect for private rehearsal and quick setup
anywhere. Silent rehearsal is also possible via front panel headphone jack. Simply plug in ear-buds or headphones and the built in speaker becomes silent.
For live performance and gestural control, the rear panel features two line level audio outputs, a pitch CV
output with selectable range, and a mini USB jack for MIDI connectivity.
- Pitch correction w/ selectable scales and root note
- Built in tuner allows you to learn pitch and scales
- 32 Wavetable based presets
- Built in speaker
- Two 1/4" audio outputs
- Single Pitch CV output w/ selectable range
- User selectable scale and root note (stored per preset)
- User selectable range: highest note and lowest note (stored per preset)
- Adjustable Stereo Ping-Pong Delay
- Removable pitch antenna - built in storage compartment on bottom-side
- Built in 3/8” Mic stand and Camera stand adapter
- High quality rubberized feet