Korg ARP Odyssey FS White Rev 1
Assembled in America, and available to the world once again.
The long-awaited full-size ARP ODYSSEY is now available in a limited edition.
The revival of the ARP Odyssey originated from a desire to reconstruct a legendary synthesizer of the 1970s, faithfully reproducing its original analog form while combining respect for history with an update for today's music production environment; it first took shape as the ARP ODYSSEY, completely analog but in a more compact 86%-sized unit.
KORG's next move is an even more faithful recreation of the original ARP Odyssey: it's the full-sized ARP ODYSSEY FS. With a standard keyboard and a body that emanates a sense of solidity, it delivers great playability and a persuasive stage presence. Just like its original version, the instrument is assembled in the United States, faithfully carrying on the quality, sound, and spirit of the original. Choose from three designs: Rev1, Rev2, or Rev3. Only a small number of each is being produced. Don't miss your chance to obtain a full-sized ARP ODYSSEY – an instrument with decades of soul.
A full-sized ARP ODYSSEY with a standard keyboard
As an alternative to the 86% size ARP ODYSSEY with its compact slim keyboard, we've created the ARP ODYSSEY FS, a long-awaited full-size model with a standard keyboard. Featuring a spacious panel layout with faders that are smooth to operate, and a standard-sized keyboard for excellent playability, it's just what the synthesizer lover or keyboardist has been waiting for. Most of all, its weight and essence are the precise image of the original ARP Odyssey. With analog sound that has already established a firm reputation, it is fair to say that this is a true resurrection of the ARP ODYSSEY. Now you can obtain a full-sized ARP ODYSSEY that's perfect in every area including sound, stability, appearance, and size, but with the reliability of a brand new synth.
Carefully assembled in the USA to capture the original spirit
The ARP ODYSEY FS is shipped worldwide following its assembly in New York, USA. Skillfully and carefully assembled by a small number of experienced workers, the ARP ODYSSEY FS is then aged, and finally undergoes repeated testing, ensuring the highest level of product quality as befitting this full-sized instrument. The soul of the ARP Odyssey that emerged here forty years ago is now being perfectly resurrected with its analog circuitry and build quality.
A full lineup of all three design generations
All models of the original ARP Odyssey, each representing its own era, are now available as full-sized instruments. Each full-sized unit has been designed with the greatest respect to the details and individual parts of the original: the white-paneled Rev1 (Model 2000) produced in 1972–1974, the Rev2 (Model 2810–2813) produced in 1975–1976 with its black panel and gold silk-screening, and the Rev3 (Model 2820–2823) produced in 1978–1981 that featured an iconic black panel and orange silk-screening.
True analog sound generated by a complete replication of the original ARP Odyssey's circuitry
The ARP Odyssey is known best for its sharp and biting tone, and the rich possibilities of modulation that allow an incredible variety of sounds. The ARP ODYSSEY FS is equipped with the very same circuitry as the ARP ODYSSEY, which itself is a perfect replica of the original unit, developed under the supervision of the ARP Instruments company's co-founder David Friend.
* 2VCO. The duophonic design allows two different pitches to sound when you play two notes.
* The high degree of pitch stability for which the ARP Odyssey was remarkable in its time has been perfectly reproduced.
* Pitch is variable over a wide range of 20 Hz--2 kHz.
- Pitch modulation and pulse width modulation can be controlled
- Oscillator sync provides sharp, great-sounding overtones extending into a high range.
- Noise generator provides two noise types: white and pink.
- Powerful LFO can be used as a modulation source for tmodulator generates metallic sounds with rich overtones.
- The oscillator or filter, or as a trigger source for sample & hold.
- Ring modulator generates metallic sounds with rich overtones.
- The distinctive S/H MIXER lets you easily create sample & hold sounds by using the oscillator or noise generator as a source that's triggered by the LFO or keyboard.
- The three types of low-pass filter found on different production runs of the original ARP Odyssey are all provided. With a single switch you can select any one of these filters with their differing characteristics: TYPE I (Rev1) is a 12 dB/octave filter with a sharp and punchy sound, TYPE II (Rev2) is a 24 dB/octave filter that's great for thick low sounds, and TYPE III (Rev3) features excellent stability even when the resonance is increased.
- wide variety of modulation sources such as S/H, LFO, ADSR, and AR can be used to modulate the filter.
- A high-pass filter is provided following the low-pass filter, giving you even broader sound design possibilities.
- A new function, the DRIVE switch generates extreme and aggressive sounds.
* VCA GAIN slider leaves the note sustaining. Ideal for sound design.
- Envelope generator with two types: ADSR and AR. This can be used not only for the VCA but also to modulate the filter or oscillator.
- The original PPC (Proportional Pitch Control) based on a rubber pad has been reproduced. Press the rubber pad with your finger to control pitch bend or vibrato depth in proportion to the pressure.
- A portamento slider and transpose switch are provided. You can also use a switch to select either of the ways in which Rev1 and Rev2/3 of the original ARP Odyssey differ as to whether portamento is applied the moment that you operate the transpose lever.
- Two types of audio output jack are provided: 1/4" phone and XLR.
- External audio input jack is provided, allowing you to process sound from an external device.
* Headphone jack with adjustable volume is provided. By connecting the headphone jack to the external audio input jack, you can apply self-feedback to generate powerful sounds.
- CV, GATE, and TRIG jacks are provided, letting you send or receive analog signals to operate the instrument. If you connect the GATE OUT jack to the TRIG IN jack, the EG will not be triggered, allowing you to play legato.
* Both 1/4" size and mini-size patch cables are included.
- MIDI IN connector and USB MIDI port are provided, allowing connection to a PC or MIDI device.