Keith McMillen Instruments 12 Step Foot Controller
The 12 Step from Keith MacMillan is a chromatic keyboard foot controller that sends MIDI notes via USB or the optional KMI MIDI Expander to control virtual synthesizers, MIDI Keyboards and MIDI sound modules (KMI MIDI Expander required for controlling external MIDI hardware).
The controller is polyphonic capable and can play up to 5 notes per key. Each key is velocity and pressure sensitive and can use the tilt of the foot to control pitch bend, polyphonic aftertouch, or any other MIDI CC value. The unit is portable and durable.
Durable by design. 12 Step has been tested to survive spills, 2-story falls, and being run over by a van.
12 Step's keys feature a smart fabric layer that responds to the velocity, pressure and tilt of your foot.
Perfect for playing bass lines, chords, triggering clips, or any other musical accents that fit your style.
- Portable and durable foot controller
- Works with USB and MIDI for control of soft synths, MIDI keyboards or MIDI sound modules 1
- Play up to 5 notes per key
- Multiple performance modes
Legato Mode - connects notes for continuous play
Latch Mode - press to play and sustain notes or chords
Toggle Mode - toggle notes or chords on and off
- Pressure and Tilt control can be mapped to pitch bend or any CC (Continuous Controller)
- Expression pedal or control voltage input jack
- Velocity sensitive for touch response
- LED backlit keys are easy to see on stage
- Easy +/- 3 octave shifting
- Class compliant for plug and play - no driver needed
- Compatible with iPad and iOS devices
- 12 Step editor for Mac and Windows (download)