Jamboxx Pro MIDI Wind Instrument
The Jamboxx is an electronic, USB-powered, breath-controlled instrument styled after a harmonica that plays digital MIDI notes when connected to a compatible Windows computer/tablet or MAC OS device. Notes are played by sipping or puffing via the mouthpiece. Moving the mouthpiece left or right determines which note is played.
By default, the Jamboxx plays 12 notes on a C Major chromatic scale. You can easily change to a major or minor scale, the key, the octave and the number notes (8, 10, 12, 14 or 16). The modulation wheel on the right side of the Jamboxx by default changes the octave (twist up/down to go up/down one octave).
The same modulation wheel can be configured for different functions:
- note pitch bend
- play note flat or sharp (1/2 step up or down)
- octave change
Using the included Jamboxx Pro Suite software you can also configure key, scale, chord and octave.
Breath control lets you blow harder or softer to control how loud or soft your instrument plays.
Play the Jamboxx Hands-free
Every Jamboxx includes a custom bracket for hands-free play that mounts to a standard microphone stand with ⅝” threads. We also sell a heavy-duty desktop microphone stand, which is included with the Jamboxx Classroom.
When using the bracket in a stand, musicians have access to the modulation wheel to do octave changes, go up/down 1 note step or do pitch bend.
Button & Switch
On the bottom of the device, there is a black button and a metal female jack (which accepts a standard ¼” audio plug for additional instrument options). Either can be configured for one of two options: ½ note step up/down or to cycle through the selected instruments.
For those without the use of their hands we recommend mounting a pressure-activated switch near their head that is connected to the Jamboxx jack.
The Jamboxx Pro is perfect suited for the professional musician or enthusiast or music student. It uses a pliable mouthpiece that provides both comfort and control. The mouthpiece can be adjusted to set the amount of airflow used to play notes. It can be wide open to allow for maximum airflow or shut all the way down to allow play just using the slightest mouth pressure. Many experienced Jamboxx musicians prefer the low to zero airflow setting as they find they can play faster.
And because the Jamboxx Pro mouthpiece is about 1.5” in length, musicians have the option to play with or without the tactile bumps. To avoid the bumps, just pull your mouth back slightly on the mouthpiece. As muscle memory takes over, many will play without the tactile feel.
Every Jamboxx purchase includes:
- A Jamboxx™ with self-centering modulation wheel
- Hands-free Bracket for mounting on a standard microphone stand (⅝”)
- NEW Synthesia Gaming Software — Scrolling Notes
- Pro Suite MIDI Controller Software
- One USB cable to connect the Jamboxx to your computer
- A Virtual Midi Cable for recording and performing Improvisational jams for immediate getting-started fun!
- High-quality built-in sounds from IK Multimedia’s Sample Tank™
- Fastrack Harmonica Songbook, including tracks from The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Billy Joel, Bob Dylan and more
- A license to Ableton Live Lite for managing MIDI controllers (often used for live performances)
Jamboxx Professional also includes
- Tactile bumps on the face of the instrument to detect note position, similar to frets on a guitar