Image Line FL Studio 20 Fruity EditionFL Studio is a complete software music production environment or Digital Audio Workstation (DAW). Representing more than 20 years of innovative development it has everything you need in one package to compose, arrange, record, edit, mix and master professional quality music.The Mixer
Mix and master music to the highest professional standards. All the features you need to create today's most complex productions including, effects chains, audio sends, sidechain control, advanced automation, plugin delay compensation and more...Piano Roll
FL Studio's Piano roll has the well deserved reputation as the best Piano roll in the business. The Piano roll's is used to send note and automation data to plugin instruments (sequencing). It includes a wide range of tools to aid complex score editing and manipulation.Browser and Playlist
No other DAW matches the flexibility of FL Studio’s Playlist. Sequence all elements of the project to make the final song. Tracks can hold notes, audio and automation. Place any data type anywhere and even overlay them. Use the Browser to organize all the data in your project. Free your workflow and your mind!
Fully reworked scalable interface
Any screen size or resolution you use, FL Studio will always fitMulti-touch
Multi-touch capability extends to the Mixer.Browser
New category tabs and the ability to delete content on right-clickChannel Menu
The Channel Options Menu have moved from the Toolbar Menus to the Channel rack.Channel settings
Have been integrated into the Plugin Wrapper (no more Channel settings pop-up).Pattern Menu
The Pattern Menu has moved from the Channel rack to the Toolbar Menu and Pattern Selector.Piano roll
Piano roll Auto-zoom can now be deselected from Settings > General > Auto zoom in piano roll Playlist
Multiple drag and drop for audio files onto Playlist (from a Windows file browser).Stepsequencer
Step sequences are now interchangeable with Piano rolls.VST Plugins
VST plugin installation & discovery improved and simplified.Fruity Formula Controller
Updated, new UI.Fruity Envelope Controller
Updated, 8 Articulators, Mod X/Y env, Smart Knobs, New UI.Fruity Keyboard Controller
Attack smoothing, new UI.ALL DETACHABLEPut any window, even the top menu bar where you like on the screen.FL Studio 12 allows you to detach all windows of the program.Step sequencer can be detached from main window.Menu bar can be hidden.RedesignedKeyboard ControllerEnvelope ControllerFormula ControllerMIDI OutMULTI-TOUCH SUPPORTUse FL Studio 12 with a multi-touch monitor and do more with your fingers. Why not replace your mixer controller with a touch screen.Use the Dashboard plugin to create your own customized controllers on the fly.
New in version 20.
• Audio editing and manipulation including pitch correction, pitch shifting, harmonization,
time-stretching, beat-detection & slicing, audio warping and standard audio manipulation
• Automate most interface and all plugin parameters by recording, drawing, spline-based
automation curves, automation generators with formula based control of links.
• Be hosted in other DAWs as a VST or connected through ReWire.
• Live music performance including video effect visualization.
• Mix and remix audio including apply real-time audio effects including delay, reverb & filtering.
• Multi-track audio recording up to the limit of your audio-interface inputs.
• Record & play MIDI input recording from keyboards, drum pads and controllers.
• Sequencing and arranging with pattern and linear workflow possible.
• Synthesizer & effect plugin hosting VST 32 & 64 bit, DX and FL Native formats.
• Make virtually any sound – FL Studio includes over 30 software synthesizers covering
acoustic/synthetic bass, electric guitar, multi-sampler tools including piano & strings, general
sample playback and beat-slicing (With Rex 1 & 2 support).
• Synthesis techniques - span subtractive, modelling, FM, RM, granular and additive. With the
addition of FL SynthMaker you can further create & share your own FL instruments, effects &
MIDI control dashboards without the need to write basic code.
• Open plugin standards – FL Studio supports all PC industry plugin instrument standards
including VST, DX, Buzz and Rewire. This means you can sequence with your favorite plugins
• Multi-channel audio inputs - With the ability to simultaneously capture all the inputs on your
audio-interface, FL Studio has the flexibility to record a single vocalist, guitar or a full symphony
• Arranging audio - Audio can be arranged, with complete freedom in the Playlist. Features
include the ability to host an unlimited number of audio recordings, time-stretching, pitchshifting,
beat-slicing, cropping, editing and the re-arranging of audio with only a few mouse
• Pattern or track sequencing – You choose, record your musical performances and ideas in
the most logical way. FL Studio 20 can simultaneously function as a pattern and track based
sequencer. Reuse patterns as Pattern Clips in the Playlist or record song-length sequences, as
• Step sequencer or Piano roll - Scoring tools include FL Studio’s legendary Step-sequencer,
one of the most advanced Piano roll’s in any software studio, event and multipoint automation
envelopes. FL Studio supports MIDI input, standard controller compatibility, and the ability to
simultaneously control multiple instrument channels from separate controllers.
• Determine your own project design - In FL20, you decide how your project will be laid out,
including multiple ‘Arrangements’. Unlike the competition, FL20's Playlist is a totally flexible
and virtually unbounded workspace where Note Pattern, Audio and Automation data can be
arranged and edited to suit your creative ideas and preferred workflow.
• The mixer - is about precision, control and flexibility. The mixer’s tracks each hold up to 10
effects (VST or FL's proprietary format). To create sub-mixes or mixing chains of almost
unlimited complexity, each mixer track can be routed to any other mixer track or the Master
track. Sends provide the ability to sidechain inputs to multi-input effects plugins. Finally, each
of the mixer tracks can be routed to any output on your audio interface, now that’s flexibility.
• Effects - What about effects? FL Studio includes more than 40 effects spanning maximization,
limiting, compression, delay, distortion, equalization (graphic & parametric), filtering, phasing,
flanging, chorus, vocoding and reverb. These have you covered for the creative broad-brush
effects, through to the minutia of the mastering process.
• Time Signatures – FL Studio now supports Time Signatures, including unlimited Time Signature
changes, independently, in both the Playlist and Patterns (Piano rolls). FL Studio’s unique pattern
system enables, simultaneous, multiple Time Signatures at any point in the Playlist.
• In-situ rendering (‘freezing’) – Bounce selected Audio and Pattern Clips to audio. Options
include; Consolidate Playlist Clip selections, Consolidate Playlist tracks, Render Clips to Audio,
Render Clips to audio and replace source Pattern Clips. Use these features to compile audio-takes
into a single Audio Clip, reduce CPU load by converting real-time synthesis and effects processing
to audio or convert MIDI data to audio for further processing and resynthesis.
• Playlist Arrangements – The Playlist now supports multiple 'Arrangements' (Playlists). Each
Arrangement is the complete layout of Audio, Automation and Pattern Clips. Users can now work
with multiple versions of their project saving ideas, sound design and ‘arrangements’.
• Plugin Delay Compensation (PDC) – PDC and Automatic PDC have been rebuilt, from the
ground up, to support today’s complex workflows. Manual and Auto-PDC can now co-exist.
Updates include: Mixer send compensation, Wet/Dry mixer FX compensation, Audio input
compensation, Metronome compensation, Plugin Wrapper custom values remembered per-plugin
and improved PDC controls in the Mixer.
• Graph Editor - Returns, better than ever, with an improved note. Perfect for multi-touch control.
The larger the touch display, the bigger users can make the Graph Editor.
• ‘Legacy’ Precomputed FX - Are back, including; Boost (with or without clipping), EQ, Ring
Modulation, Low Pass filter, Reverb, Stereo Delay and Pogo (Pitch bend). FL Studio 20 welcomes
back tools that crafted the sound of the 2000’s.
• Channel Sampler - Includes two new Sample Start options. Start Offset – Moves the sample
start point and is automatable. Sample Start – trims the sample data to create a new start point,
useful for functions that process the entire sample window.
• Punch in/out – Right-click Time Markers and set them to automate the Master record switch.
You can then work ‘hands-free’ with your instrument and be sure the take is precisely located
• Grouped takes – When loop-recording, multiple takes are grouped and auto-name after the
Mixer track used.
• Consolidate takes – When ‘comping’ your audio takes, use the new Playlist menu ‘Consolidate
playlist selection’ to merge selections into a new Audio Clip.
• Hide scratch tracks – When you are ready to clean up the Playlist either use the new
‘Arrangements’ to start a fresh Playlist, or the ‘View > Hide collapsed grouped tracks’.