Icon Pro Audio Platform M+ Control Surface
Designed for mix engineers and producers looking to take tactile control over their DAWs, the Icon Pro Audio Platform M+ is a modular control system with eight faders, one master fader, eight rotary knobs, transport controls, and more. It connects to your computer via USB, using MIDI protocol to control channel levels, panning positions, and other mixing decisions. On each channel you’ll not only find a 100mm motorized fader with 10-bit resolution, but also backlit buttons to quickly mute, solo, and record-enable your tracks.
The Platform M+ features software and drivers that allow it to interface with most major DAWs including Cubase, Ableton Live, Logic Pro, Reason, Bitwig, and of course, Pro Tools. If you’re a Mac user, you might get use of out the included iMap software, which facilitates simple mapping of MIDI functions. Bank-shift and channel-shifting buttons are provided, but if you ever find yourself in need of more Platform-series gear, you can loop it in via multiple ports in the rear of the unit. A power adapter is included.
- Eight Channel Faders: The eight 100mm motorized faders are generally used for controlling the track volume of the DAW. They are all touch-sensitive, allowing for override automation the moment you touch a fader. Also, they are motorized; they will automatically move to reflect the current level of the selected channels in your DAW application. Any automation recorded in a project will be reflected by the fader positions.
- One Master Fader: This 100mm motorized fader operates the same as the other eight faders. It controls your DAW software's master channel fader, though it operates different in Pro Tools (Pro Tools is designed in such a way that the fader next to your last channel fader always acts as the master channel fader).
- Eight Rotary Knobs: The eight rotary encoder knobs can be used for controlling the track pan position, sending aux send levels, and more—you can modify them to adjust specific parameters within plug-ins and virtual instruments.
- Buttons and Transport: Each channel sports buttons for controlling record, mute, solo, and select parameters. You’ll also find buttons that shift banks of faders, or shift faders one channel at a time. Transport controls are also provided, giving you global control over play, stop, record, rewind, fast-forward, loop, zoom, and more.
- Compact at 15.6 x 7.7 x 2.3”
- Modular in Nature: Customize your setup with a variety of Platform extension modules
- 8+1 touch-sensitive motorized faders with 10-bit resolution
- 8 dual-function encoder knobs (rotate and enter)
- Jog-wheel shuttle for fast search and control
- Illuminated buttons for each channel including Sel, Mute, Solo, and Record
- 6 illuminated transport buttons including Play, Stop, Rec, Rewind, Fast-Forward, and Loop
- Illuminated “Zoom” buttons with two directional keys (Left/Right and Up/Down) used in combination with the jog wheel
- 2 illuminated “Track” buttons for easy selection of different channels
- 2 illuminated “Bank” buttons for shifting by eight-channel increments
- 4 x extension ports equipped for extension modules
- ICON “Quick-Setup” driver for Cubase, Nuendo, and Reason, facilitating plug-and-play
- Mackie control built-in for Cubase, Nuendo, Samplitude, Logic Pro, Reaper, Bitwig, Studio One, Ableton Live, Sonar, and Audition
- Mackie HUI protocol built-in for Pro Tools
- iMap software included for easy mapping of MIDI functions
- Firmware upgrade available simply via USB connection and iMap software
- Class-compliant with Windows XP, Vista (32-bit), 7/8/10 (32- and 64-bit), and Mac OS X (Intel Mac)
- USB 2.0 high-speed connectivity
- Robust metal casing with Kensington lock port
- 12V/2.5A power adapter included