Focusrite Clarett 8Pre USB Audio Interface
Clarett USB lays down the challenge to interfaces twice the price. The Clarett USB range features specially designed high performance, low-noise (-128dB EIN) mic pres with a low distortion, ultra-linear design that guarantees a clean, open and transparent sound, giving accurate representation of the original performance. Boasting 118dB dynamic range, Clarett can now be experienced with any Mac® or PC supporting USB 2.0 and above. Decades of analogue circuit design experience, applied around 24-bit/192kHz A-D and D-A conversion, delivers a superior signal path – beating interfaces costing hundreds more.
Clarett 8Pre USB is an 18-in, 20-out audio interface. Six-segment LED metering easily shows the signal level of the eight mic/line inputs, two of which are also high-impedance instrument inputs that can record super-hot pickups with no unwanted distortion. MIDI I/O and S/PDIF I/O are also included. ADAT I/O allows you to expand your setup with up to eight extra inputs and outputs when combined with multi-channel mic preamps like Clarett OctoPre. Analogue outs include two monitor outputs with anti-thump technology, eight line outputs, two headphone outputs with volume controls, and a word clock output for sending clock signal to external devices.
The eight Air-enabled mic preamps can reproduce the input impedance, clarity and frequency response curve of Focusrite's original ISA mic preamp. Clarett 8Pre USB connects to Mac® or PC using the included standard USB and USB Type-C™ cables. Record with super-low latency through amp simulators and effects plug-ins.
Configure your routing and monitor mixes from Mac®, PC, iPad®, iPhone® or iPod touch® with user-friendly control software Focusrite Control. Additional included software is from XLN Audio, Focusrite, Softube, Ableton® and Loopmasters.
- Ultra-low noise (-128dB EIN) Clarett mic preamps, ultra-low distortion and up to 118dB dynamic range
- The eight Air-enabled mic preamps can reproduce the sound of the Air feature from Focusrite’s original ISA mic preamp
- Supports any Mac® or PC with USB 2.0 and above
- 24-bit/192kHz A-D and D-A conversion for the ideal signal path
- Connects to Mac® or PC using the included standard USB and USB Type-C™ cables
- Two front-panel mic/line/instrument inputs
- Six mic/line inputs
- Six-segment LED metering easily shows the signal level
- MIDI I/O
- S/PDIF I/O
- ADAT I/O
- Two monitor outputs with anti-thump technology
- Eight additional line outputs
- Two headphone outputs with volume controls
- Dim and mute monitor controls
- Word clock output for sending clock signal to external equipment
- Record with super-low latency through amp simulators and effects plug-ins
- Focusrite Control: a user-friendly control software which enables you to configure your routing and monitor mixes from Mac®, PC, iPad®, iPhone® or iPod touch®
- XLN Audio – Addictive Keys: one of four inspiring and interesting keyboard instruments
- Focusrite – Red Plug-in Suite: accurately models Focusrite's classic Red 2 equaliser and Red 3 compressor
- Softube – Time and Tone Bundle: four of Softube's world-class reverb, delay, mastering and distortion plug-ins
- Focusrite – Plug-in Collective: exclusive offers, tutorial content and more, from some of the most innovative and prestigious plug-in companies
- Ableton® – Live Lite™: a customised version of the music-making software Ableton® Live™
- Loopmasters: 2GB of royalty-free sample libraries
- Focusrite Control