Explore Beyond the Horizon with the all new Eventide Blackhole Reverb Pedal.
on the extremely popular algorithm featured in the H9 and other
Eventide processors, create haunting echoes, ethereal landscapes and
otherworldly ambience with Blackhole, a reverb pedal as big and as
mysterious as the cosmos. What lies beyond a blackhole's horizon? A
place where time turns upon itself? Where gravity folds in upon itself?
Or is it a portal to another dimension? Blackhole lets you explore
beyond the ambience of mere earthly Halls, Rooms, Plates or Springs.
Blackhole will take you on a journey from cathedral-type spaces to a
universe of out-of-this-world soundscapes.
The Blackhole includes
onboard tone controls, modulation, and infinite reverb settings with
mono or stereo operation, MIDI control, preset storing, and most
importantly a new compact, easy-to-use interface.
features two types of infinite reverb. Infinity continuously layers new
sound on top of a suspended reverb. Freeze mode holds the effect
allowing you to play over the reverb tail. The Freeze Footswitch allows
instant access to this feature.
Unlike other reverbs which may
offer pre or post modulation, Blackhole features modulation built into
the reverb structure itself. It's essentially a big multi-voice chorus,
with unique tone-shaping ability. You can utilize extreme settings to
smooth out the edges.
Blackhole Features at a glance:
- Five presets loaded at your feet with dozens more available with Eventide Device Manager (EDM) software
- Control the Size of your space from a cartoonishly small room to a limitless universe
- Use PreDelay to offset the onset of the reverb
- Turn up Feedback to go beyond the event horizon
- Tap the Freeze Footsiwtch to instantly 'freeze' your sound
- Dual action Active Footswitch is latching or momentary
- Rear panel Guitar/Line Level switch for selecting use with guitar, synths, FX loop or DAW interface
- Map any combination of parameters to an Expression Pedal
- Use a single Aux switch to Tap Tempo or a triple Aux switch for easy preset changing (up/down/load)
- MIDI capability over TRS (use with a MIDI to TRS cable or converter box) or USB
- Multiple Bypass options: Buffered, Relay, DSP+FX or Kill dry
- Catch-up mode helps dial in your sound when toggling between presets/parameters
- Eventide Device Manager PC or Mac application for software updates, system settings and creating/saving presets
your tone with Lo, Hi and Q (resonance) controls. Use the tone controls
to add airiness or clear up the low-end. Map the EQ controls to an
expression pedal to add movement to the reverb tail
Input: 1/4" TRS / Mono = Tip, Stereo = Tip & Ring
Out 1: 1/4" TS Mono / Mono Output
Out 2: 1/4" TS Mono / Stereo Output
EXP: 1/4" TRS / Expression pedal, Aux Switch or MIDI I/O
Mono/Stereo Switch: Sets Input to Mono (Tip) or Stereo (Tip + Ring)
Guitar/Line Level Switch: Optimizes internal gain structure
Mini USB: Software updates, MIDI I/O
DC Input Jack: 5.5mm / 2.1mm plug / Center Negative (-)
Input Impedance: 700k ohms Mono, 990k ohms Stereo
Max Input, Guitar: +8dBu
Max Input, Line: +14dBu
Output Impedance: 220 ohms
Recommended Load Impedance: 10k ohms
Power: 9V DC @ 200mA / Center Negative (-)
Dimensions (product): 4" W x 4.25" D x 1.68" H / 102 mm x 108 mm x 43 mm
Weight (product): 1.06 lb / 0.48 kg
Dimensions (package): 7.7" W x 4.75" D x 2.8" H / 178 mm x 121 mm x 71 mm
Weight (package): 1.68 lb / .77 kg