Blue Microphones Baby Bottle All the styling, attention to detail, and hand-crafted quality for which BLUE has become famous is evident in the Baby Bottle, a solid-state, Class A discrete condenser mic that brings BLUE performance to a great low price point. Every part of the Baby Bottle has been hand selected to ensure nothing short of a stellar performance. If you're looking for the perfect "do-all" microphone, the Baby Bottle is a great place to start - especially when you consider the price!
- Hand-crafted, unique design
- Accurate sound with minimal coloration
- Use it just about anywhere you record
- FREE Baby Bottle Shock/Pop kit
Hand-Crafted BLUE Design
The Baby Bottle is a pressure-gradient cardioid condenser microphone, employing an edge-terminated BLUE single-membrane large diaphragm capsule. For this hand-crafted diaphragm BLUE has selected a 6-micron mylar film, sputtered with a mixture of pure gold and aluminum. Enclosed within a sperical grille, the side-address capsule can be positioned in the smallest of spaces.
Crystal Clear Sonic Clarity
The microphone's electronics are class A discrete, with transformerless output. In plain English, this means that the sound which arrives at the diaphragm is transduced (converted to electrical energy) is as accurate as possible, with minimal coloration with no integrated circuits in the signal path. In other words, what you hear is what you get!
The Baby Bottle's overall sonic character is neutral and especially rich in midrange response, making it an ideal microphone for recording vocals, drums, electric guitar and most acoustic instruments including "difficult" sources like saxophones, flutes, and stringed instruments. In addition, the Baby Bottle has extremely low self-noise specs, coupled with an exceptionally high output level.
Who's It For?
- Vocals: Here's a little-known secret - vocalists LOVE singing into unique and impressive microphones like the Baby Bottle! Put it in front of any singer and you're guaranteed to get an inspirational performance!
- Electric Guitar: Because of its full midrange response, the Baby Bottle is an excellent mic for any clean or distorted amp sound. Orient the capsule toward the center of the speaker to capture more highs, or toward the edge of the cone for a fuller sound with more low end.
- Acoustic Guitar: Large Diaphragm mics require careful placement when used on acoustic guitar, but the Baby Bottle's rich tone and hot output is well-suited to this job.
- Strings: Because of its high output, natural highs and abundant midrange characteristics, the Baby Bottle is an excellent choice for miking all members of the bowed string family.
- Drums: The Baby Bottle's slim profile and fast transient response offer numerous advantages when recording drums.
- Saxophones, Flutes & Reeds: The smooth, natural high end response of the Baby Bottle makes it an ideal choice for miking saxophones and other wind instruments.
FREE Baby Bottle Shock/Pop kit
Created specifically for the Baby Bottle microphone, this visually elegant shock/pop combo is hand-built out of solid brass - the perfect accessory for Baby Bottle users, and now it shops with the Baby Bottle for FREE!
- Multipurpose Mic - ideal for classic lead vocal, brass, and string instruments
- Cardioid condenser Class A discrete circuitry
- Blue's famous hand-built large diaphragm capsule
- Up-front sound - robust lows, detailed mid-range, and an accurate presence
- Hand-tuned and tested
- Includes cherry wood storage box, velvet bag, and mic clip