Bitwig Studio 2.5 Update from 8-track
Please note this is available via ELECTRONIC DOWNLOAD only, your download code will be sent to you in 30 minutes or less during normal business hours. There are NO returns on this product.
Today it’s possible to make music with any DAW. What sets each one apart is workflow, how quickly you can realize your ideas, and the freedom to choose how you produce and perform.
NEW in 2.5
- Plug-in hosting overhaul (see section below)
- Concept of clip blocks, for addressing different groups of Launcher clips with new Next Action options
- Slide-content editing gesture, for shifting the content of clips from the Arranger Panel (and audio events from the Detail Editor Panel)
- New device: Note FX Selector, for setting up multiple note FX layers and dynamically switching between them
- macOS: Pinch-zooming using trackpad for zooming in all timeline editors (including Arranger) and in the Sampler waveform display
New in 2.4
Bitwig Studio 2.4 features our Sampler reborn. Now equipped with granular and wavetable techniques, new sounds are at your fingertips and performance-ready. Throw in visual crossfading and a revamped multisample editor, and Sampler has gone from trusted sideman to solo act. But Bitwig Studio 2.4 has a lot else going on.
- Sampler overhaul
- Extended MIDI channel support
- New modulators: ParSeq-8, Note Counter
- New devices: Note FX Layer, Channel Filter, Channel Map
- Resizable tracks in Mix view
- Resizable scenes in Arrange view
- Colorable scenes
- Controller take-over modes
- On-screen controller visualization
- Interaction-based hints
- New quick start templates
- Modulation workflow enhancements
- New artist package: Claude Young - Cinematic Synth Sounds
New in V2.3
Bitwig Studio is a dynamic software for creation and performance of your musical ideas on stage or in the studio.
Phase-4 is our brand new phase manipulation synthesizer
Expanded Device Views give some key devices the extra space they deserve
Time Signature Changes
New and Improved Time Stretching, including Elastique from Zplane
- New devices: Instrument Selector & FX Selector
Voice Stacking opens up incredible possibilities in sound design
- New modulator: Voice Stack
Sound Content Update: excellent presets from renowned sound designers
Discover the new standard in customized workflow. Bitwig Studio inspires you to take greater control of your music, giving you access to every aspect of your production. Streamline your creative process and quickly evolve your ideas into complete songs, tracks and compositions. Record and arrange, improvise and perform, or do it all at once. Welcome to the next generation of music creation and performance software for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.Bitwig Studio comes loaded with industry-standard to industry-leading features, designed to meet the demands of present day musicians, producers and sound designers.
Features, fixes and fanfares!
- Bitwig Studio now supports Ableton Link
technology: Sync multiple instances of Bitwig Studio over the network, and to a range of music software, as well as a growing number of iOS and Android apps
- With the new Time Shift
device you can do fine-grained time adjustments anywhere in your device chain
- Four new modulators:
Sample and Hold
lets you get creative and transform modulation signals in numerous ways
- Now included in all display profiles: the
On-Screen Keyboard Panel
is a great way to play notes using touch or mouse, it doubles as a visual helper to see played notes
Dual Display (Studio/Touch)
is a new display profile that lets you mix a standard with a touch optimized screen layout
A big sound content update
with lots of great sounding classic organs, keys and drums
Phase Manipulation Synthesizer
Meet Phase-4, a four-oscillator synthesizer powered by phase modulation and phase distortion. Drawing inspiration from legendary digital synths like Yamaha's DX7 and Casio’s CZ series, Phase-4 is capable of vintage sounds that we know and love, but it goes further, greatly expanding on these phase manipulationconcepts.
Bitwig Studio 2 comes fully loaded with powerful new features and updates, here's a quick overview:
Released back in 2014, Bitwig Studio 1 was the first music production software to combine linear and non-linear sequencing on Windows, macOS and Linux. With cutting edge technologies like plug-in crash protection and a highly flexible user interface, alongside a lightning fast workflow experience for keyboard, mouse and touch screens, Bitwig Studio has attracted a large and steadily growing user base all over the world.We're proud to present the next edition of Bitwig Studio, introducing a full set of powerful new features. Watch the announce video and scroll down for more information.
- A re-conceptualized modulation system with 25 brand new Modulators
- Numerous device updates, including remote controls, dynamic displays and spectrum analyzers
- 17 entirely new devices
- Better hardware integration, with improved MIDI handling and several dedicated MIDI and CV devices
- Fades and crossfades
- VST3 support
- ...and much more!
Introducing A New Modulation Paradigm
The current version of Bitwig Studio already offers one of the industry's most flexible and powerful modulation systems, and with Bitwig Studio 2 we’re taking things even further. We've reworked the entire modulation system and it now offers nearly endless possibilities;
This is a big step towards a fully modular device architecture
.Each device in Bitwig Studio 2 (internal devices and external plug-ins) have modulation slots where you can load individual modulators. Bitwig Studio 2 comes with 24 brand new modulators; from standard modulators like envelopes and LFOs - to more unique modulator types like Random, Select-4 and Math.An unlimited number of modulators can be added to a device by simply clicking an empty Modulator slot and choosing a specific Modulator from the pop-up browser. Assign the modulator to any number of parameters, with ease and flexibility. Modulators can also be interconnected for truly dynamic and expressive sound design possibilities.When using internal Bitwig instruments, many modulators can be set to polyphonic mode - enabling per-voice modulation - something previously only seen in closed systems.
New in Bitwig Studio 2
Because we love devices.
Apart from totally re-conceptualizing the modulation system and introducing an entire new class of Modulator devices, we're also expanding the standard device collection. Here's a list of the new additions, which we hope you’ll love as much as we do.
This is an essential tool for many producers. Simply put, it gives you a visual representation of the audio material you feed it. The new Spectrum Analyzer allows for a freely selectable secondary input, so you can directly compare the frequency graph of two separate audio sources.
DUAL PAN *
With this device you can control panning for individual channels of a stereo signal.
DC OFFSET *
A utility device to add DC offset to an audio signal, for instance to generate audio signals from modulation.
You asked for a phaser, we built a phaser - and a very capable one at that. Happy phasing!
This pitch shifter shifts your pitch up or down one octave, with precise fine-tune and grain control.
Organic zero-crossing amplitude controlled ring modulator with a life of its own. That's honestly the most accurate description we can give you.
This chorder device will generate up to 7 notes based on the note you send into it, with pitch and velocity settings.
This device will transform all notes to a defined length and velocity. In its second mode it can generate a fixed-length note when the key is released.
So much more than a standard echo, this seemingly simple device allows you to get creative with note echoes and loops.
The Note Latch device will simply hold any note you send into it until it receives the next note - or until you click its stop button.
With this device you can transform velocity on incoming notes using a curve - or go ahead and use modulators for some dynamic velocity effects.
Note harmonizer will transpose your notes in real-time to harmonize with a chord playing on another track.
BETTER HARDWARE INTEGRATION
We speak hardware.
We’ve done a lot of work under the hood to revamp MIDI handling in Bitwig Studio; improving sync and note timing. We are also introducing a set of devices that will allow you to seamlessly integrate hardware machines into your workflow via MIDI and CV/Gate.
This device can be used to send CC data to external hardware or plug-ins. Add it to a HW Instrument device to get instant access to your hardware's parameters.
MIDI PROGRAM CHANGE
As the name implies, this device allows you to control program changes of your hardware or VST plug-ins from Bitwig Studio.
HW CLOCK OUT
Using the HW CV Clock device you can send CV clock to audio outputs, with individual time settings.
MIDI SONG SELECT *
A device used to send MIDI song select messages to external devices, for instance to change patterns on a drum machine.
HW CV INSTRUMENT
Use this device to send notes as CV and gate to an output on your audio interface, to control analog synths, eurorack modules and other hardware.
HW CV OUT
This is a simple device to send a CV signal to an output on your audio interface.
Bitwig Studio 2 can send out MIDI timecode (MTC). In Settings, you can choose to send out MTC through any connected MIDI device, and configure its rate.
CONTROLLER API IMPROVEMENTS *
We've worked on the open controller API to make it more consistent. A new scripting engine gives better performance, and you now get improved and immediate feedback while scripting.
Now every device now has a Remote Controls panel, where you can assign remote control access to any parameter in the device (or nested in the device chain).Navigate existing pages or freely set up your own, using different control elements (e.g. knobs, buttons, choosers).Mappings can now be saved with presets or devices, allowing on-the-fly access to your favorite parameters directly from your hardware controller, when browsing through your library or swapping between devices and tracks.This powerful and flexible new feature refines and improves the Device Mappings and Macro pages from Bitwig Studio 1.
DYNAMIC DISPLAYS EVERYWHERE
With the overhaul of our device collection, we've equipped several devices with spectrum analyzers and dynamic display panels.
FADES AND CROSSFADES
Your fast workflow just got a lot faster.
You can now create fades and crossfades for audio clips in the arranger timeline or audio editor. Additionally, you can create fades for audio events inside clips - for truly fast yet flexible editing. Naturally, the curve slopes of all fades can be adjusted.Easily edit fades by hovering the mouse cursor over clip or event boundaries, and then drag the fade handle when it appears. Crossfades are automatically created when you move clips so they overlap.In Bitwig Studio 2 you can freely adjust the height of individual tracks in the arranger timeline.
We are happy to announce that we now support the VST3 plug-in standard, including per-note expression and sample accurate automation.
SMART TOOL SWITCHING AND IMPROVED EDITOR WORKFLOW
With Bitwig Studio 2, we've improved the efficiency of our tools. You can now achieve many standard tasks without having to swap tools: depending on where you click, you can select multiple objects or time segments, edit fades or zoom and scroll.
The Dashboard, likely the first new feature you'll bump into, handles many tasks that were previously available only in menus and other windows - such as locating and opening projects, configuring settings, installing packages and accessing help resources. The Dashboard allows a more sophisticated and user-friendly approach, informed by modern software design paradigms.
NEW MENU SYSTEM
We’ve reworked the menu system extensively. Bitwig Studio 2 now features a context-aware menu system to keep you focused on the task at hand. Depending on your selection, different menus and options will be shown. For instance, when selecting a track, a menu will be shown with all available related actions.
We’ve partnered with some of the best sound designers in the business to give you over two thousand quality presets and clips right out of the box. Extend your library with offerings from our partners who have painstakingly created loops, presets, and sampled instruments for Bitwig Studio.All content is available via Bitwig Studio's Package Manager, a powerful and versatile tool to manage your library. Grab as much or as little you want of the sound content provided, you're always in control.
- Over 9 gigabytes of world class sounds (and counting)
- More than 2,000 presets and clips
- Samples, multi-samples, loops and one-shots, carefully curated and ready to go
- All sounds are royalty free and cleared for professional use
- 14 partner packages, covering a wide range of musical styles
- 4 demo songs
- Cross-platform DAW (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux)
- Intuitive non-linear sequencing for the studio and beyond
- Full multi-core and multi-processor support
- VST 2.4 support with built-in 32/64-bit bridging and plug-in crash protection
- Proprietary time-stretching technology
- Multi-display support for up to 3 displays
- Tabbed document interface for multiple projects open at once with drag-and-drop between them Over 50 included devices, including conventional Instruments (Polysynth, FM-4, Organ, Sampler and analog-style Drum Modules) and FX (Delays, Equalizers, Compressors), as well as Container devices (to build parallel instrument or effect chains), Note FX, and Modulator devices (additional controllers like LFOs and step sequencers for modulating any other device).
- Unified Modulation System: Use Macro Controls, Note Expressions, LFOs, and Envelope
- Followers to modulate any device parameter, including nested internal devices and even VST plug-ins
- Advanced layered editing
- Note and Audio expressions, including per-note Micro-Pitch Control
- Dynamic Object Inspector: Select multiple notes or events and edit them together with the interactive parameter histogram, easily adding variations as you go
- Automatic sample slicing to both Sampler or Drum Machine
- Multiple audio events per clip: Automatically cut up samples and rearrange them on the fly in the Detail Editor
- Dedicated Device Panel Mappings with color-coded knobs and buttons for an overview at a glance Support for various MIDI controllers out of the box
- Sound Content: Over one thousand presets and sounds, 3 GB of factory content: Drum Machines (808, 909... Percussion), Acoustic Drums, multi-sampled
- Open Controller API: Create and customize functionality for virtually any MIDI controller, including scripting access to nearly every feature of BITWIG STUDIO