iZotope RX Final Mix
Please note this is available via
ELECTRONIC DOWNLOAD only, your download code will be sent to you in 30
minutes or less during normal business hours. There are NO returns on
Every Sound in Its Place
RX Final Mix is a real-time plug-in for controlling your peaks and giving your mixes and sub-mixes a smooth sonic balance. The newest member of the RX family of post production tools, RX Final Mix plug-in is built specifically for audio post production professionals and video editors.
The Dynamic EQ and True Peak limiter are optimized with intelligent DSP for both maximum sound quality and True Peak compliance with the latest loudness standards (BS.1770-2/3, EBU R128, etc.). This processing delivers reactive, program-dependent, and more transparent mix results, giving you loud and impactful mixes with on-spec True Peak levels.
Ensure clearer dialogue, maximum sonic impact, and more accurate mix compliance with RX Final Mix!
How Does It Work?
- No more muddy mixes! Modern, intelligent processing adds space, depth, and life to your audio. Balance a wide variety of audio assets in a single mix, ensuring that everything can be heard. Transparent dynamic control helps unmask dialogue frequencies by dynamically reducing the frequencies on other stems.
- Designed specifically for Post. An intuitive, easy-to-use workflow is built around the needs of post production professionals with support for up to 7.1 surround. Get delivery-specific presets and visual feedback. Save time with a condensed Microview that offers quick access to important metering information.
- Lightweight, versatile, and efficient. Tackle all types of program material with multiple post tools in a single product. Low CPU usage and minimal latency means
RX Final Mix combines common post tools into a single lightweight, efficient, and easy-to-use product that tackles all types of program material?
The days of tedious EQ correction are over! The Dynamic EQ provides reactive, intelligent control over the frequency spectrum. The processing is reactive to the incoming signal, so it will only boost and cut when needed, rather than coloring your audio throughout your mix. Transparently carve out sections of the spectrum to ensure dialogue intelligibility — keeping your music, effects, and ambience out of the way of important dialogue frequencies.
Deliver smooth mixes that maximize your loudness without clipping and transparently meet True Peak specs. The Limiter increases the loudness of your mix without adding distortion, reducing peaks with an always-on True Peak ceiling to meet spec. iZotope's mastering-grade limiter is more transparent than the competition, conforming any audio to your delivery specifications.
Who is it for?
- Push dialogue above the SFX, music, and ambience tracks to make it more intelligible, or balance sound levels going from exterior, wide-angle shot to close-up shot.
- Working on multiple projects under the gun? Lean on presets to shave off as much set-up time as possible.
- RX Final Mix supports multiple surround sound channel formats, so you can always provide a deliverable that meets project specs.
- Delivery-specific presets like "Laptop" and "Streaming" are designed to enhance mixes that might get played back or streamed in those ways.
Audio Post for Film
Provide a smooth listening experience for the viewer, even when dealing with a wide variety of audio assets (from dialogue to SFX to music).
Transparent dynamic control helps unmask dialogue frequencies by dynamically reducing the frequencies on other stems.
Program-dependent EQ adds cuts or boosts only when needed. When you have sound effects and different voice actors coming in and out, you can make sonic changes to selected parts of the program material.
Includes up to 7.1 surround support with control over LFE channel processing.
Audio Post for TV
- Worried about exceeding True Peak levels? RX Final Mix’s limiter maximizes impact by transparently reducing dynamic range.
- Program-dependent EQ adds cuts and boosts only when needed, so you can adjust sound effects and voice actors coming in and out of your mix as needed.
- Transparent dynamic control helps unmask dialogue frequencies by dynamically reducing the frequencies on other stems.
The Dynamic EQ feature of the Equalizer module is essentially an EQ with the ballistics of a compressor. You can control Gain, Frequency, Q, and the shape of the up to eight nodes.
Surround sound, program-dependent EQ provides intelligent dynamic control over EQ adjustments. Each node can operate in a dynamic mode, in which the shape and depth of the EQ curve will change and adapt in response to the audio it's adjusting. This allows an EQ adjustment to behave differently in different scenarios—for example a large explosion, a sudden gunshot, or a dialogue sibilance reduction.
A user-definable threshold sets the point at which the dynamic ballistics begin to kick in. The incoming frequencies located at the EQ node/band is used to trigger the amount of EQ applied. The further it falls above or below the threshold, the greater the adjustment will be. The attack and release times for the trajectory of this dynamic behavior scale in accordance to the type of audio passing through. For example, it will react differently to a sibilant dialogue area as it would a low-frequency LFE burst.
Accentuate sections of the spectrum with the Dynamic EQ - Expand mode. For example, add more impact to effects like explosions with a dynamic low shelf. When the amount of low-end energy hits the defined Threshold, the shelf can boost. But when the amount of energy is below the Threshold, the low shelf isn't touching the mix.
Three user-definable characters (Clear, Smooth, Thick) allow for more direct control over the adaptive, transparent nature of the limiting algorithm, which is tuned specifically for post production type audio. The True Peak, BS.1770-
⅔ compliant limiter provides intelligent digital loudness maximization of the signal, while ensuring there are no True Peak overflows to keep your mixes compliant to delivery specs.
The processor is designed for neutral or transparent limiting. It does so by analyzing the incoming source material and leveraging a psycho-acoustically pleasing algorithm, reacting quickly to transients and reacting more slowly to steady, lower frequency tones. In doing so, it is optimized to preserve transients and present them more clearly in the output signal, even when aggressive limiting is taking place.
Stem and Master Bus Processing
RX Final Mix provides up to 7.1 surround support with control over LFE channel processing, for use on both stems and master busses. If you’re delivering discrete stems, you may wish to use the frequency control and True Peak limiting of RX Final Mix on those stems. However, when using RX Final Mix on your master bus, this post-stem processing will change the relationship between the stems and the master, meaning that the stems sum will no longer equal the mix. As such, we’d recommend not using RX Final Mix on the master bus if you’re delivering stems. If you’re delivering a final stereo or surround mix without stems, RX Final Mix contains specific master bus presets designed to prepare your mix for optimum sound quality, and even specific playback scenarios such as video streaming.