Alloy 2 gives you futuristic
tools, fast results and most importantly, fantastic sound. Bring character and
life to every element of your mix with Alloy 2.
Far more than just a traditional
channel strip, Alloy 2 is a modern twist on classic mixing. The basics have
been re-imagined with forward-thinking features and time-saving flexibility.
Innovative sound sculpting tools are ripe with potential for delivering your
distinctive sound. And best of all, Alloy 2 allows you to focus on mixing
without distraction, neatly packaging the mixing essentials in a self-contained
and completely configurable plug-in that puts everything you need at your
- Get six powerful tools in one integrated plug-in:
Equalizer, Dynamics, Exciter, De-Esser, Transient Shaper and Limiter
- Achieve exceptional sound quality, balancing
vintage emulation with digital precision
- Hear results immediately with zero latency
performance, whether you’re tracking in real-time or in the midst of a mix
- Visualize your mixing decisions with rich meter
displays to guide the way
- Start fast, then go deep with over 250 presets
and a tweaker’s paradise of advanced controls
Who needs Alloy 2?
- Deliver the best sound quality available with iZotope’s
- Rely on six versatile mixing effects that you can use
in every project, multiple times, thanks to Alloy’s minimal CPU usage.
- Get quick results on tracks and buses with 250+ professional presets, each tailored to a
useful purpose like “Remove Muddy Mids,” “Smooth Cymbal Wash,” or “Vintage Tone
- Fine tune settings when you need to with extensive
- Augment your DAW with iZotope's renowned sound quality
and a helpful mixing workflow.
- Pick the perfect starting (or ending!) point for any
track or bus with 250+ professional presets.
- Minimize technical distraction by combining the most
useful tools for mixing into one simple, integrated interface.
- Save money and time with a single plug-in at an amazing
value, replacing the need for other channel strips and plug-in collections that
cost far more.
- Enjoy modern tools for mixing with forward-thinking
features, interface and visual feedback.
- Add character to all of your tracks with
analog-emulated Dynamics, EQ and Exciter modules.
- Add vibrant personality to drums with the one-two-three
punch of transient shaping, multiband processing, and parallel compression.
- Make tracks pump with versatile sidechaining
Post and Broadcast
- Use time-saving presets as starting points for
voiceovers, Foley, FX, music beds and more
- Keep flexible EQ, dynamics and sound shaping tools
integrated together in one simple interface.
- Improve the loudness of voiceovers with variable phase
- Duck music beds with voiceovers and more with
convenient sidechaining features
Whether you’re taming unwanted
frequencies or emphasizing your favorites, Alloy's powerful 8-band EQ combines
exceptional sonic quality with precise control. Choose from a broad range of
classic and surgical filter types to sculpt your sound, then refine your
settings easily within a spacious and intuitive interface. And for extra
guidance, Alloy’s large spectrum overlay provides the best visual feedback of
any EQ available.
- Recreate a classic sound reminiscent of the renowned
Pultec EQ with new Vintage Low and High Shelf filters.
- Easily boost or cut bass and treble with freely
adjustable Baxandall filters.
- Aggressively eliminate unwanted frequencies with
resonance-free Brickwall and Flat Pass filters.
- Explore additional filter options like asymmetrical
Vintage Bell, Resonant Shelf, Sharp and Resonant Pass filters, and more.
- Save time with new workflow boosts, like zooming by
time and/or frequency in the EQ graph.
Accentuate the attack of a mix
element or blend it back into the mix with Alloy's simple yet mighty Transient
Shaper. Perfect for upping the smash
factor on drums and other percussive sounds, the Transient Shaper can also fine-tune
the character of hammered or plucked instruments. For unmatched flexibility on
more complex material, like drum loops and buses, enable Multiband mode: you
can then independently shape mix elements that coexist within a broader
- Make a kick drum less boomy, or add more snap to a
- With Alloy on a drum bus in Multiband mode, easily
shape the kick drum, snare and cymbals independently.
- Subtly tweak or correct a variety of other instruments,
like the pick sound of a guitar or the attack/release characteristics of a
- Experiment with extreme attack and sustain settings for
unique creative effects.
- Benefit from insightful visual cues to learn how your
sound can be shaped, including the Transient Detection Indicator and a Gain
Bring brilliance, warmth, and
crunch to your mix with Alloy's fully-redesigned harmonic Exciter. Equally primed to go bold or go subtle, the
revamped Exciter can add harmonic flavor to a wide variety of material, including
vocals, strings, guitars, drums and more. Emulate the subtle warmth of tube
preamps, the aggressive grit of tape, the screech of a distortion, and anywhere
- Adjust an intuitive X/Y control to blend between
different harmonic profiles, such as Tube, Tape, Retro and Warm saturation.
- Switch to Multiband mode to apply color to different
frequency ranges independently, including different saturation types on each
band (e.g. Tube on low, Tape on high).
- Sculpt specific frequencies coming out of the module,
like any high-end harshness, with the new Post Filter.
- Narrow or widen different frequency bands with an
integrated stereo Width control.
- See how frequencies are being affected by the Exciter
with a distinctive Saturation meter.
Whether you’re smoothing out
vocals and bass or slamming your drum bus hard, the Dynamics module helps
balance your mix, combining the best characteristics of analog and digital
compressors. To make things twice as nice, Alloy includes two
independent Dynamics modules, available for creative use anywhere in your
signal chain. With advanced sidechaining, multiband processing, and parallel
configuration options, the Dynamics module is sure to be among the most
versatile mixing tools in your arsenal.
- Enable Vintage mode for smoother, more forgiving
compression, or Digital mode for a cleaner, more surgical style.
- Run both Dynamics modules in parallel to boost impact
while retaining dynamic subtleties.
- Trigger Dynamics processing from other elements of your
mix with advanced sidechaining capabilities, or crosschain between different
- Use the new Detection filter to determine exactly which
frequencies trigger Dynamics processing.
- When in Multiband mode, easily set every Dynamics
control for each frequency band in one convenient All Bands view.
- Dig deeper into additional Dynamics options like Hard
or Soft Knee compression, RMS or Peak level detection, and Auto-gain
Squash those pesky “S” sounds and
other harsh hissing common to vocals and instruments. Alloy's De-Esser lets you
zero in on sibilant frequencies with a simple-to-use spectrum analyzer. It's
perfect for transparently reining in vocals, cymbals and other high frequency
- Set target frequencies quickly with an easy-to-use
spectrum analyzer and Solo control.
- Use it in Multiband mode to hone in and cut back on
sibilant frequencies exclusively.
- Use it in Broadband mode as a unique alternative to
standard dynamics processing, reducing gain on the entire audio signal when
certain frequencies are detected.
- Adjust the extent of attenuation with Attack and
- Experiment with the De-Esser on cymbals, distorted
guitars, percussive elements, or problematic audio at any frequency.
Make your mix sound as full as
possible with Alloy’s Limiter module. Operating as a zero latency loudness
maximizer, the Limiter increases loudness on your tracks and buses while
controlling peak levels, ensuring that your audio doesn’t clip or distort when
tracking or mixing. If you prefer, use it instead to keep a lid on your levels
with as simple and efficient brickwall limiter.
- Perform more forgiving, smooth limiting in the
Limiter’s Soft mode.
- Keep peaks under zero at all times in the more
aggressive Hard mode.
- For material with a wide stereo image, limit the left
and right channels independently with the stereo unlinking option.
- Ensure your tracks and buses stay in sync with the
other tracks in your mix, even in hosts without effective latency compensation,
in Zero Latency mode.
- Get more overall loudness by optimizing the symmetry of
vocal and instrument waveforms.
Alloy 2 comes with over 250
presets, all designed to suit a broad range of mixing tasks and each one equally
valuable as both a starting point or an endpoint. Inspire your mixes by
experimenting with many, customize your favorites to define your go-to sound,
or create your very own by working from scratch. Alloy 2 also introduces a new Module Preset system, allowing you
to selectively mix and match settings across all of Alloy’s modules.
- Jump quickly into mixing individual instruments,
vocals, ensembles, and buses.
- Speedily address an array of utility tasks, including
ones specific to broadcasting and podcasting, post production and more.
- Load and save settings specific to individual modules
with new Module Presets, including 60 new Module Presets that highlight the
best uses for each mixing tool.
- Click less and achieve more with Alloy 2’s overhauled
interface, completely redesigned and expanded to make more controls more
- Easily monitor and tweak the most relevant controls for
all active modules in Alloy 2’s new Overview Panel.
- Sidechaining support lets you control the Dynamics
module from other tracks in your mix. Affect the whole signal or zero in on
just the frequency range you want with advanced multiband sidechaining.
- Crosschaining allows you to trigger the Dynamics module
with another frequency band of the same input source for never-heard-before
compression and gating effects.
- Completely customize your signal routing with two
Dynamics stages, sidechain mapping and more.
- Gain insight for setting controls with visual feedback
and metering in every module, including new Gain Trace meters in the Transient
Shaper, De-Esser, Limiter, and Dynamics modules.
- Make your life simpler with powerful workflow tools—the
History list lets you go back in time, and the integrated preset editor lets
you browse, manage and customize presets easily.
- Prevents sync problems in hosts like Pro Tools SE with
Zero Latency mode.
- Avoid authorization hassles: choose between easy online
authorization, offline challenge-response, or iLok.
ALREADY HAVE ALLOY?
If you already own Alloy 1,
you’ll love Alloy 2’s:
- Completely updated interface, made larger to
make even more controls easily accessible. For example, the Dynamics module now
features a “Show All Bands” mode in which you can view and adjust all relevant
settings for each band of every dynamics stage.
- Adaptive Overview panel, which provides
efficient control over the most accessed controls of every module in Alloy, and
adapts to show only the modules you’ve enabled.
- New Transient Shaper, now better-sounding than
ever and easier to use with all-new metering features.
- Redesigned Exciter module, with more
natural-sounding saturation modes and an added Post Filter.
- New EQ filters, including Treble and Bass
Baxandall filters and Brickwall and Flat Pass filters.
- And more!
If you already use Ozone 5 or
Ozone 5 Advanced for mastering, Alloy 2 is the perfect complement for all your
mixing needs. You’ll love Alloy 2’s
- Internal Meter Tap, which automatically provides
info about Alloy 2 tracks and buses to Ozone 5 Advanced’s Meter Bridge.
- Zero Latency mode, perfect for hearing sonic
improvements in live tracking situations.
- Efficient CPU usage, making it possible to place
Alloy on multiple tracks and buses with ease. (Yes! You can have “that
Ozone sound” on every element of your mix!)
- Vintage-style compression, which mimics
the punchy character of classic analog compressors.
- Powerful Transient Shaper, for easy and creative
shaping of percussive sounds.
- More expressive Exciter, with a broader range of
subtlety and grit for enhancing your mix.
- Versatile sidechaining and crosschaining
capabilities, for completely creative Dynamics possibilities.
- Familiar workflow, ensuring a seamless
transition between mixing and mastering.
Operating system requirements:
Windows XP (32-bit), Vista (64-bit), 7 (32- & 64-bit)
Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later (Intel-based Macs only)
Pro Tools 7.4+ (RTAS/AudioSuite), AAX, VST, VST3, Audio Unit, DirectX
Plug-in host compatibility:
Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo, WaveLab, GarageBand, Logic, Audition, SONAR, ACID, Vegas,
Sound Forge, Peak, Ableton Live, and many more
Compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit hosts.