Steinberg CMC-PD (Pad Controller)This Product has been discontinued.
Does my version of Nuendo or Cubase work with this new product? Just click on our new CMC Compatibility chart to find out what versions are fully supported.
The Steinberg CMC-PD pad controller adds a set of 16 incredibly dynamic pads to your Cubase or Nuendo rig. Tap out killer drum grooves and get the most out of Groove Agent ONE or any other drum instrument. LED-backlit pads change from green to orange to red, giving you instant velocity feedback. 4Velocity mode make step sequencing easy, and a handy rotary encoder lets you navigate through menus quickly with the CMC-PD. What's more, the CMC system is completely modular, so you can create the ultimate custom Cubase control surface, by combining your Steinberg CMC-PD with other CMC controllers.
Versatile pad controller
In addition to its ergonomic design and easy integration into Steinberg's Cubase and Nuendo DAWs, the CMC-PD sports several features that make it particularly useful for groove production. 4Velocity mode makes step sequencing easy, and 16 selectable velocity curves give you the exact response you need. The CMC-PD also includes the dedicated PD Editor software, which allows you to easily change the MIDI note assignment for each pad.
Part of a complete modular Cubase controller system
The CMC-PD is one of six USB controller designed by Steinberg to specifically integrate with Cubase and Nuendo software. What's more, this system is completely modular, allowing you to build your own custom control surface with exactly the hands-on controls you want, no matter how many channels you need to cover. And whether you're just starting to build your system, or you're adding on to your CMC system, you'll love the convenience and ease of use the CMC-PD gives you.
Plug-and-play Steinberg software integration
Like the rest of the CMC series controllers, the CMC-PD integrates seamlessly with Steinberg's Cubase or Nuendo production software. The 1-step installation process is incredibly simple. No lengthy installation process, confusing settings, or hard to navigate control panels - the CMS-TP gives you true plug-and-play convenience. What's more, every CMC controller features colored controls with icons that mirror Cubase, so integrating your new CMC-PD into your Cubase rig is completely intuitive.
- The perfect pad controller for Steinberg's Cubase and Nuendo DAW software
- Each pad illuminates in green, orange or red depending on tap strength
- Bank function provides 15 x different MIDI note allocation maps (banks 1-8: variable user banks, banks 9-15: fixed factory banks, and bank 16: dedicated Cubase functions)
- 16 x selectable volume response curves
- 4Velocity mode speeds up step recording
- CMC-PD editor software included
- Combines seamlessly with other CMC series controllers, allowing you to create a custom control surface that best meets your needs
- Fully mirrored Cubase functionality: intuitive operation due to the adoption of the Cubase color scheme and icons
- Ergonomic design allows you to work comfortably, placing the controls you need right at your fingertips
- Illuminated, high-resolution touch controls provide detailed visual feedback
- Small enough to fit in your pocket, in front of your keyboard or laptop, or on the top panel of your master keyboard controller
- User-assignable functions give you additional flexibility and tweaking options
- USB bus power requires no additional power supply
- Cross-platform compatible with Mac OS X and Windows operating systems
- Cubase AI download version included to let you start recording your music straight away
- Joint plate included for quick and easy connection with other CMC series controllers