Steinberg CC121 Advanced Integration Controller
Engineered specifically for the thousands of production environments using Cubase worldwide, CC121 interfaces the creativity of musicians and producers with the functional complexity of the world's most popular music production system. Built to an extremely high manufacturing and component standard, CC121 provides totally integrated tactile control of all parameters within Cubase, with a unique design architecture that keeps you 100% focused on your Cubase project.
Instant plug and play
CC121 features full plug and play with Cubase, requiring no additional setup as a controller device. A swift, one-step installation procedure as a USB device is all that's required. Once the CC121 has been installed, Cubase detects the device when launched, and automatically binds CC121 into the Cubase production environment. To reflect this, the 'Cubase Ready' lamp lights up " CC121 is ready to assume control. Instant plug and play is just one of the advantages of CC121 as a fully integrated controller with Cubase, bonding with Cubase to form one exhilaratingly powerful hardware/software production system.
The CC121 is powered using the USB bus on your computer. This means simply connecting the CC121 to a USB port offers full control over Cubase. When the included AC adaptor is also connected, the precision fader is motorized, accurately displaying the volume level on the selected track.
Fully mirrored functionality
One of the major advantages of the CC121 is the software-hardware-mirroring. In distinction from DAW controllers you'll find all Cubase controlling functions in hardware exactly mirrored to their software counterpart. You don't need to learn where you've put the functions on your controller. You can work with your Cubase as intuitive as before but with the convenience of a hardware mixer. It's possible to control all functions with the push of a button. No more necessity for long mouse clicking ways.
AI Knob - Revolutionary Advanced Integration Controller
Perhaps the most innovative area of CC121 is the revolutionary AI Knob, a 'point and control' precision controller. Rather than attempting to replace traditional mouse pointing devices, the AI Knob harnesses the flexibility of a computer mouse to offer unprecedented speed when editing parameters and adjusting settings. The computer mouse is simply moved over the parameter, which is then automatically placed under full precision control through the AI Knob, with no need to make any additional settings in Cubase, any additional software module or on the interface itself. The parameter can be locked to the AI Knob to retain control when the mouse is moved elsewhere onscreen.
Dedicated Cubase controls
The unique AI Knob is paired with a range of dedicated, high-quality hardware controls over a huge range of Cubase transport, channel and EQ features. High-quality controller switches and rotary knobs dedicated to specific functions mean no tedious stepping through parameters for control. Colour coding that mirrors the Cubase buttons further supports easy navigation with CC121.
Minimum System Requirements
- Advanced Integration System - totally integrated tactile control of Steinberg's Cubase range of production systems, maintains complete focus on your production within Cubase
- Ultra-precision Advanced Integration Controller Knob with 'point and control' support - controls any visual Cubase 4 parameter, internal FX setting or VSTi parameter using mouse pointer selection
- High Quality, 100mm touch sensitive motorized fader: Full tactile control of the channel or group volume fader
- Dedicated controls for Cubase channel settings including solo, mute, record arm, automation (read/write), pan, VSTi editor and 'e' settings button
- Full Cubase EQ section in hardware: 12 Rotary EQ encoders and bypass/mode button
- Full transport section including jog wheel
- User-assignable section " adapt the CC121 to your needs
- Instant plug and play with Cubase-ready LED - no additional setup or parameter assigning required
- Outstanding engineering and component quality including valuable full metal case
- Cross-platform support " compatible with Mac and PC
The minimum system requirements state the minimal specification your computer must have to be able to use the software. A more powerful system may be required for certain tasks or larger projects.
- Mac OS X Version 10.4x or 10.5x
- PowerPC G4 1Ghz or Core Solo 1.5GHz
- 512 MB RAM
- Display resolution 1280x800 pixels
- USB port required
- Windows XP Home, XP Professional or Windows Vista (32-Bit)
- Intel/AMD Processor 1.4 GHz
512 MB RAM Display resolution 1280x800 pixels USB port required