Avid Sibelius 8.0 Academic
To purchase this item you must fit one of these categories - US SALES ONLY
A card with download and activation instructions and ilok will be shipped, there are no discs included.
Individuals qualified to buy individual Academic versions of Sibelius, Pro Tools, and/or Media Composer:
- University/college students—Students enrolled at a higher education institution defined as an accredited, government-recognized public or private university or college (including community, junior, or vocational college) that grants degrees and/or certificates1
- Faculty and staff—Teachers and staff employed by an accredited, government-recognized public or private primary or secondary school, local education authority, or public or private university or college, for-profit career/vocational schools that grant degrees and/or certificates, and schools for instrumental instruction/tuition
- Homeschool teachers—Teachers as defined by local homeschooling regulations detailed at http://www.hslda.org/laws/default.asp
Students and educators who wish to purchase individual Academic versions of Sibelius, Pro Tools, and/or Media Composer at a discounted price will be asked to provide proof of eligibility after making a purchase. Once your eligibility has been verified, you will receive your academic license for your software.
Proof of eligibility
Higher education students—You must show evidence of current enrollment2 at an accredited, government-recognized public or private post-secondary/tertiary degree-granting academic institution, or for-profit career/vocational schools that grants degrees and/or certificates, by providing one of the following:
- A copy of a student ID card containing the student’s name, school name, and the current academic term
- A copy of a tuition statement or course bill that includes the school’s logo or seal, student name, and the current date/academic term
- An official letter from the registrar of the school, including student name, the school name, and the current date/academic term
- A copy of a student schedule including student name, the school name, and the current date/academic term
- A copy of a grade report statement or transcript including student name, the school name, and the current date/academic term
- Screen captures from school websites may be accepted in lieu of official documentation if your name, school name, and valid date are clearly visible (acceptance is at the sole discretion of Avid)
Teachers, faculty, and staff— You must show evidence of current employment at a government-recognized public or private primary or secondary school, local education authority, public or private university or college, for-profit career/vocational school that grants degrees and/or certificates, or school for instrumental instruction/tuition by providing one of the following:
- A copy of a faculty or staff paycheck stub that includes employee name and employer (school) name
- An employer’s written confirmation on school letterhead or certificate of employment
Secondary students—must show evidence of current enrollment at an accredited, government-recognized public or private secondary school by providing one of the following:
- A copy of a student ID card containing your (the student’s) name, school name, and the current academic year
- A copy of a report card, a tuition statement, or a letter from the school administration that confirms your enrollment status (all documentation must contain the school, district, or local authority name, your name, and a date reflecting the current academic year)
Homeschool teachers or students—You must show evidence of status as a homeschool teacher3 by providing one of the following:
- A current copy of a Homeschool Membership Association card
- A current copy of a curriculum receipt
- Any official documentation issued by the local/state government that recognizes your family’s intent to homeschool
Edit scores more easily
- Students taking courses at non-government accredited career/vocational schools are not qualified to purchase Avid Academic products.
- For higher education students, “current” is defined as within the last six months.
Thanks to popular demand, you now have more flexible layout and composition possibilities to best present your score. Work faster with the updated Inspector interface, which now offers more flexible access. Change staff sizes by system, individual instruments, and groups of instruments to create a clear and perfect looking score. And gain fine control of the new staff sizes in Engraving Rules.
Make music easier to learn
Music doesn't have to be so black and white. With the latest Sibelius, you can now color individual notes and/or chords, giving students a more enhanced and visual way of learning to read and write music notation.
Get better rest
Inserting rests into your score is now easier and more intuitive. Whenever you add one, Magnetic Layout automatically repositions the rest to align optimally with the phrasing of preceding notes—no manual fixes required. Create easy-to-read scores faster than ever. Plus, you can now move rests and notes horizontally in your score.
Re-spell and repeat with ease
It's now possible to have the same pitched note display a different accidental in any part compared to the rest of the score. You can also create concise first, second, and third time bars that appear and play back exactly like you'd expect them to, eliminating manual correction. Plus, all time signature changes now appear after the barline but before repeat barlines by default.
Share your score
Want to share your composition with a colleague, client, or friend? You can now export your composition as an MP3 audio file for faster file transfer that won't hit email size limits.
Write music with a pen on a Surface Pro
If you own a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 tablet, you can now add and edit notes quickly with just a tap of the pen. This makes it easier than ever to fine tune your compositions on the go. Plus, you can play back your music using the tablet's onscreen keyboard and fretboard.
Add notes and comments
Sometimes you have a great idea, but you forget to write it down. Then the next thing you know, your idea is gone. The new Annotate feature allows you to add notes directly on the score—you can create reminders for yourself as you’re composing, or communicate edits and feedback to others.
Use multi-touch gestures
With Sibelius, you can create scores faster than ever before thanks to an advanced user interface. You can navigate and edit even the most complex scores quickly using multi-touch gestures on your laptop trackpad or Surface Pro 3.
Subscribe to Sibelius
In addition to purchasing Sibelius outright, you can now subscribe affordably with low-cost monthly or annual subscriptions. Pay only when you need it—all updates and upgrades are included for the duration of your subscription.