QSC GX Series GX5 Power Amplifier
GX Series amplifiers are ideal for professional entertainers who require maximum performance and portability on a limited budget. GX amplifiers deliver just the right amount of power to the most popular speakers used by entertainers.
GX Series amplifiers are ideal for professional entertainers who require maximum performance and portability on a limited budget. The hallmarks of the QSC brand - professional audio quality, meticulous engineering, precision manufacturing and long-term reliability - are all intrinsic to GX. Add contemporary styling, multiple input/output options, light weight, and advanced protection circuitry, and the GX Series clearly represents real value - something everyone can use.
GX amplifiers deliver just the right amount of power to the most popular speakers used by entertainers. Typically, loudspeaker manufacturers recommend an amplifier with power output equal to the speaker's Program (Music) Power rating or two times (2 x) the Continuous (RMS) Power rating.
The GX3 is ideal for speakers in the 300 watt (Program) range, while the GX5 provides full performance for 500 watt (Program) speakers. The GX7 outputs 725 watts into an 8 ohm load. Owners of popular 4 ohm loudspeakers (such as dual-woofer, two-way models) will find the 700 watt (4 ohm) power of the GX5 an ideal match while the GX7's 1000 watts will very capably power many of today's popular subwoofers or two typical 8 ohm speakers per channel.
GuardRail protection delivers full peak power while preventing detrimental overloads. During excessive clipping, or extreme overheating, GuardRail reduces gain just enough to preserve the integrity of the music, protect the speakers and keep the audience excited, without unprofessional distortion levels or shutdowns. Learn more about how GuardRail Protection works
A subwoofer reduces strain on the full-range speaker, allowing it to play louder, or letting a smaller speaker do the same job. The GX Series supports this mode with a Crossover switch that splits the full-range input entering Ch 1, sending 20 Hz -100 Hz to the sub (Ch 1) and 100 Hz - 20 kHz to the top box (Ch 2). The front panel gain controls balance the sub and top box, while GuardRail optimizes peak power into the sub and top individually, for greater musical impact and dynamic range. GuardRail optimizes peak power into the sub and top individually, for greater musical impact and dynamic range.
- Power levels matched to the most popular speakers used by entertainers
- Optimized for maximum real-world headroom into 4- and 8-ohm speaker systems
- Inputs: XLR, 1/4" TRS and phono input connectors for compatibility with any source
- Outputs: Speakon® combo accepts 1/4" (TS) plugs or Speakon 2- and 4-pole plugs (connects 2 poles only). Binding posts support all other speaker wiring systems
- Minimum depth chassis (10.1" / 257 mm) fits in compact, inexpensive effects racks
- Lightweight - GX3 and GX5 less than 26 lb (12.5 kg). GX7 only 15.5 lb (7 kg)*
- Detented gain controls for precise setting and matching of sensitivity
- GuardRail™ automatically protects the amplifier and loudspeakers from damage due to temperature rise or overdrive without shutting down the show
- Front panel LEDs monitor power, signal, and clipping
- Subwoofer/satellite crossover built-in