Pioneer Pro DJ DJM-900NEXUS
The DJM-900nexus is a high performance digital mixer designed for
today’s professional DJ performers. An ideal combination with Pioneer’s
latest CDJ line of players, the DJM-900nexus offers a multitude of new
features that includes a variety of onboard effects, increased sound
quality, and direct PC or Mac connection to enable any DJ to perform to
their utmost potential.
Multitude of Effects
The DJM-900nexus follows Pioneer’s traditional control layout
enabling an easy transition to the mixer. As with other Pioneer mixers,
the DJM-900nexus features a variety of advanced sound effects that allow
DJs to have more creative expressions while mixing their music. Three
new Sound Color FX, two Beat Effects and an X-Pad control were added to
the mixer to enhance the user’s performance.
- Sound Color FX – The DJM-900nexus includes Space, Dub
Echo and Gate/Comp in addition to Filter, Crush and Noise for its Sound
Color FX. At any time with a simple twist of the knobs, DJs can quickly
add their choice of audio effects bringing numerous combinations and
arrangements to currently played music.
- Beat Effect – A total of 13 effects, including two new
ones called Spiral and Melodic, can be added by the user at any time to
the beat effects is accomplished through a selectable knob located on
the right side of the mixer.
- X-Pad – A touch screen control bar that enables quick
access, control, and manipulation of the thirteen built-in beat effects.
With a touch and/or slide of the X-Pad control, the user can change the
parameters of each effect for further creativity in performances.
Part of the DJM-900nexus’s design attribute is combining
functionality with great sound quality. The mixer utilizes high quality
components that ensure the best possible audio output when connected to
- Built-in 24bit/96kHz High Performance USB Sound card –
Pioneer developed an onboard USB sound card that can simultaneously
handle input and output audio signals from up to four (4) stereo sources
through a single USB port
1. The sound card supports
24-bit/96kHz high resolution signal processing, and can input and output
all audio signals with no degradation of sound quality. Once connected
to a PC or Mac, the settings utility tool can be used to customize the
mixer's output signal path to suit various purposes, such as DJ play,
song recording or production
2. Furthermore, smooth transfers between DJs are possible with the easily accessible USB ports on the top surface of the mixer.
- Sound Quality Design –The DJM-900nexus is equipped
with the same audio input and output circuits as Pioneer's flagship
DJM-2000 to achieve the most accurate audio reproduction from connected
sources. The 32-bit digital to analog converter supports all outputs of
the mixer, including the master audio outputs, booth outputs as well as
headphones. Additionally, the built-in high performance 32-bit digital
signal processor (DSP) suppresses any digital and analog circuit noise
by way of high quality balanced hybrid operation amps and full balanced
With more DJs continuing to use their personal computers as part of
their rig, the new DJM-900nexus is ready for a direct connection to a
laptop PC or Mac, increasing its convenience and functionality.
- PRO DJ LINK – Via an Ethernet (LAN) cable, the mixer
can quickly link to the latest Pioneer PRO DJ LINK compatible CDJ-2000
and CDJ-900 players (with firmware version 4.00 or later
a personal computer running Pioneer’s rekordbox™ software, giving users
fast access to a song’s beats per minute (BPM) and beat location
information, resulting in a precise beat matching capability.
Furthermore, the built-in quantize mode compensates for Beat Effect
operation timing errors automatically, so effects are matched perfectly.
- TRAKTOR™ Functionality – Using a USB connection with a
PC or Mac, the four decks (players) inside TRAKTOR can be connected
simultaneously with the mixer, enabling enhanced flexibility with the
software. In addition, the mixer is also TRAKTOR SCRATCH
certified for TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO / DUO 2 (version 2.0 or higher),
allowing scratch control functionality when using a time code disc
- Time Code Output – Through its USB port, the mixer can output time code disc signals for DVS (Digital Vinyl System) software6
when used with a Pioneer CDJ player or analog record player. DJ play
using DVS software can be done without difficult and complicated
The DJM-900nexus is equipped with additional features that add to the user’s DJ play.
- High performance channel faders – The slide mechanism
supports the fader knobs with two metal shafts for both longevity and
smooth operability Furthermore, the new mechanism’s design minimizes the
effects of moisture or dust particles on the mixer’s performance
- Integrated input selector – Enables users to simultaneously switch all channel inputs.
- Indicators – The DJM-900nexus is equipped with a “USB
connection indicator” to display the status of sound card and PC or Mac
communications as well as a "USB audio input indicator" to display audio
inputs from a PC or Mac.
- Industry’s First MIDI Signal Output8 – The
DJM-900nexus features the industry's first musical instrument digital
interface (MIDI) signal output that changes at beat-by-beat intervals.
The mixer also includes a "MIDI LFO function" to control external
devices such as effecters.
- Assignable MIDI Functionality – Nearly all knobs and
buttons operation information can be assigned to control other devices.
The mixer can also be used as a MIDI controller.
- Switching 3-Band EQ/Isolator – Each channel of the mixer is equipped with a switchable 3-band EQ (+6dB to -26dB) and 3-band Isolator (+6dB to -∞dB).
- P-LOCK Fader Cap – Keeps the fader channel and crossfader knobs (caps) locked preventing them from physically slipping off during use.
- Auto Standby – Automatically senses the presence of
active operation and input signals and switches to standby mode when
inputs are not detected for a long period of time.