Moog Mother 32 Semi-Modular Standalone Synthesizer
Semi-Modular Standalone Synthesizer and Eurorack Module
The Mother-32, is a distinctively
vintage-voiced analog performance and production synthesizer,
meticulously handcrafted to inspire unique sound creation, new music and
endless sonic exploration.
During the prototype phase, we worked
with 3 unique synthesists, Erika, Max Ravitz, and Bana Haffar to
produce a video that explores Mother-32’s vast capabilities. Through
performance and sound design, each artist displays the extensive
vocabulary found within Mother-32.
The Mother-32 module is
mounted in a black, laser-etched extruded aluminum enclosure and
finished with traditional wood sidepieces. This 100% analog instrument
features a one knob per-function interface, comprehensive
voltage-controlled sequencer and an extensive 32-point analog patchbay.
semi-modular design means that no patching is required to create
powerful analog sound. This allows musicians of any experience level to
quickly begin making music. Synthesists will enjoy exploring the
extensive 32-point patchbay, which unlocks truly expressive, unique and
complex synthesis capabilities. The patchbay also provides access to a
wealth of sounds and functionality including an assignable CV output
jack, MIDI to CV conversion, external audio input, a second
voltage-controlled mixer, sync, and multiple unit expandability.
sound sources include a powerful 10-octave analog oscillator with
variable pulse width, and an analog white noise generator. The signals
from each sound source are then blended together by a voltage-controlled
mixer for dynamic sound creation and manipulation. From the mixer,
sound travels through a Moog Ladder Filter with selectable low pass and
high pass filter types.
Musical creation and programming is
executed via Mother-32’s comprehensive 32-step, voltage controlled
sequencer or external MIDI controller. There are two sequencing styles
available, allowing each user to quickly create new musical ideas with
ease and familiarity. A total of 64 patterns can be stored and recalled
from within Mother-32’s memory bank.
- Easy to use Semi-Modular design for swift, inspired music creation
- Voltage Controlled 32 Step Sequencer with 64 Sequence Locations
- Low Pass & High Pass Moog Ladder Filter (20Hz–20KHz) with voltage
- External audio input for processing outside sound sources
- Definitive Moog oscillator with Pulse and Sawtooth wave outputs
- 5-pin MIDI input and MIDI to CV converter
- 32 Modular Patch Points (Includes 5 patch cables)
- 2 Voltage controlled mixers
- Superb companion to Werkstatt 01, Minitaur and other synthesizers
- Main module can be easily transferred into any Eurorack skiff
- Mount 2 or 3 units vertically with optional 2 and 3 Tier kits
- Complete solution for new Eurorack users – no other items required
Optional Mother Accessories:
- 6” Moog Patch Cables (5-Pack)
- 12” Moog Patch Cables (5-Pack)
- 2 Tier Mother Rack Kit (Also for use with 60 HP Moog case)
- 3 Tier Mother Rack Kit (Also for use with 60 HP Moog case)
- 60 HP Empty Moog Eurorack Case (Requires Eurorack power module for use)
- Mother-32 Soft Carrying Case
is an expandable analog ecosystem that allows multiple units to easily
be mounted and patched together for extended synthesis capabilities.