Mackie Onyx 1640i FireWire Mixer
The Mackie Onyx 1640i professional compact mixer is one of Mackie's Onyx-i series consoles. It offers built-in FireWire, along with a mix of modern features and technologies for live sound reinforcement and analog or digital studio recording all in a durable, roadworthy package.
The Onyx 1640i is equipped with 16 of Mackie's premium, precision-engineered studio-grade Onyx mic preamps. Mackie is renowned for the top-notch mic preamps used in their mixers, and today, they're better than ever, with specifications rivaling expensive standalone mic preamplifiers.
Channels 1 and 2 feature high-impedance instrument/line-level inputs so you can connect an acoustic, electric, or bass guitar directly into the mixer, eliminating the need for an external direct box.
Extremely adaptable DAW integration Recording and Mixing
The Mackie mixer's channels, aux sends, or the master L/R can be sent straight to your computer via FireWire for recording. Pre/post EQ taps on every channel allow you to integrate our renowned Perkins EQ into the record path. Plus, a stereo return from your DAW, or iTunes is assignable to the control room section or straight back into two channels panned left and right for mix integration.
Powerful Effects Engine
With six aux sends routable to your DAW, the Mackie Onyx 1640i allows you to use your favorite plug-in as a realtime effect. Just route an aux send to your DAW, apply the plug-in, and assign your DAW outputs to the control room or to a channel strip for instant integration into the mix.
Live sound recording could not be simpler! The 1640i mixing console offers the ability to record individual channels, either wet or dry, for studio-quality multi-track recordings that you can edit and mix down later on. It also lets you simply record the main mix, allowing for immediate creation of CDs right at the gig.
The Mackie Onyx 1640i recording mixer is Pro Tools M-Powered compatible.
- 16-channel premium analog mixer with integrated 24-bit/96kHz FireWire I/O
- 16 Onyx boutique-quality mic preamps
- 4-band Perkins EQ with sweepable mids on all channels
- Full 16x16 FireWire channel streaming for ultimate DAW integration
- Flexible FireWire routing, including aux sends,
- groups and pre/post EQ assignment for all channels
- 6 aux sends with pre/post assignment and solo
- Smooth 60mm channel and master faders
- Built-in DI on first two channels for direct connection of guitars, bass, etc.
- Individual 48V phantom power switches on all mic inputs
- 4-segment metering on every channel
- 4-bus architecture for flexible sub-grouping of channels
- Talkback section for use with internal or external mic
- Rotating I/O pod for desktop or rackmount operation rack ears included
- "Planet-Earth" switching power supply for worldwide use