The Korg PB-02 pitchblack+ is a high-end pro-quality chromatic pedal tuner boasting ultra-high tuning accuracy within a range of +/-0.1 cents. Housed in a sleek black aluminum die cast body, the Korg pitchblack+ packs a versatile range of tuning modes such as chromatic, standard (guitar/bass), open D, open E, open G, open A, and DADGAD. The Korg pitchblack+ also creates up to 5 custom tuning programs of your own with any temperament you specify. This is ideal for accommodating special tunings such as ethnic instruments and stretched tuning.
The Korg pitchblack+ tpedal tuner also supports tuning for 7-string guitars and 6-string basses. In addition, you can also use the flat tuning mode to tune your instrument as many as seven semitones below standard pitch. With a broad tuning range of E0 (20.60 Hz) to C8 (4186 Hz) and calibration that's adjustable in a range of 436—445 Hz, you'll be able to tune with an unprecedented degree of accuracy. The Korg pitchblack+ offers a new level of high-precision tuning demanded by professional guitar and bass players for the recording studio or in live performance.
Large surface-illuminated LED display ensures easy tuning
The Korg pitchblack+ tuner features a large 13-segment LED meter. In conjunction with the tuning guides located below the meter that indicates whether your instrument is sharp or flat, the smooth-moving LED s provide highly visible confirmation for accurate tuning at any viewing angle. The note name, tuning mode, and calibration are shown by large, highly-readable displays in green and red, and the tuner on/off status is shown by a red LED, ensuring that you'll see everything you need even if you're on a dimly-lit stage. You can choose between two types of display modes: Single mode or Double mode. In Single mode, you can choose between Meter mode, Full Strobe mode, Half Strobe mode, or Mirror mode. In Double mode, you can choose from two newly developed modes; "Focus mode 1" and Focus mode 2 which offer even greater precision with excellent visibility.
Dual input jacks allow two instruments to be connected. True Bypass ensures that the input signal is unaffected.
As a professional pedal tuner, the Korg pitchblack+ provides A and B input jacks to which you can connect 2 different guitars or basses, and individually specify a separate calibration, tuning mode, flat tuning, and display mode for each guitar/bass (input). If only a single instrument is connected to the pitchblack+ tuner, you can specify 2 different tuning settings and switch between them by pressing the "INPUT SELECT" foot switch. This supports situations such as when you're playing more than one guitar/bass in a live situation, or sophisticated musical needs such as using different tunings with a single guitar for multiple songs. The sound is muted when tuning is active, and when the Korg pitchblack+ tuner is off, the True Bypass feature ensures that the input signal from your instrument is not colored in any way whatsoever. With functionality such as this, the Korg pitchblack+ tuner can provide high-precision tuning capability while being integrated into your guitar or bass pedalboard and amp setup.
Fits into your pedalboard, and DC output powers other pedals
The Korg pitchblack+ tuner works great with your current pedalboard system. It provides a DC OUT jack that can supply power to other effect pedals when the optional AC adaptor is used. By connecting the included DC cable, you can supply up to 200 mA of power to multiple effect pedals that require a 9V supply, simplifying the power connections in your effect board.
- Professional guitar and bass pedal tuner offers ultra- precise tuning with an accuracy of ±0.1 cents.
- True Bypass output keeps your tone intact at all times.
- Two instruments can be connected simultaneously, with separate tuning settings for each.
addition to chromatic tuning and standard guitar/bass tuning, the
pitchblack+ supports open D, open E, open G, open A, and DADGAD. You
can also create and save five of your own custom tunings.
- Tuning is easily seen by a newly developed dual meter using large extra bright LEDs.
- Support for seven-string guitars and six-string basses.
- A broad tuning detection range from E0 (20.60 Hz) to C8 (4186 Hz).
- Calibration is adjustable from 436–445 Hz.
- A 9V DC output jack is provided to power other pedals in your pedalboard.
- Tough aluminum die cast body for superb durability.
- Tuning: 12-note equal temperament, five programs (88-note)
- Detection range: E0 (20.60 Hz) – C8 (4186 Hz)
- Calibration range: A4=436–445 Hz (1 Hz steps)
- Tuning modes: Chromatic, Guitar/Bass, Open D, Open E, Open G, Open A, DADGAD, Programmable 1–5
- Display modes:
- Single mode: Meter mode, Full Strobe, Half Strobe, Mirror mode
- Double mode: Focus mode 1, Focus mode 2
- Accuracy: ±0.1 cents or better
- Flat tuning: 7 semitone steps
- Connectors: INPUT A, INPUT B jacks (mono 1/4" jacks), BYPASS jack (mono 1/4" jack), DC IN (9V) jack, DC OUT (9V) jack
- Power supply: 9V battery or 9V AC adaptor (not included)
- Battery life: approximately 5 hours (A4 continuous input, Chromatic mode, tuner on
- Display mode: Focus mode 1, (using 9 volt battery)
- Dimensions: 5.12" (W) x 4.8" (H) x 1.9" (D) (including feet)
- Weight: 1.1 lbs (including battery)
- Included items: one 6F22 type zinc-carbon battery for verifying operation, one DC cable