Korg MR-2000S 1-Bit Studio Recorder
Blow Out Price, while supplies last!
The Evolution of Korg’s Finest DSD Recorder
Now with SSD For Improved Performance
KORG’s MR-2000SBK SSD is the premium HD audio archival system. It features a generous 128GB SSD drive in an intuitive and sleek single rackspace design that looks fantastic in studios and theater systems alike.
The MR-2000SBK SSD 1-bit recorder can capture at up to 5.6 MHz, double the sample rate of traditional DSD or SACD (Super Audio CD). This remarkable DSD format allows the MR-2000SBK SSD to archive and play back in the highest fidelity possible. With the growing popularity of HD audio sources and format, MR-2000SBK SSD is a perfect choice for futureproof recording and archival.
Bold Black Design
- 128 GB on-board SSD (Solid State Drive)
- Up to 190 hours (44.1 / 16 PCM) maximum recording time (approximate)
- Up to 23 hours (5.6 MHz DSD) maximum recording time (approximate)
- Compact 1U design is ideal for studio or live sound application
- 2-Track simultaneous recording; 2-Track simultaneous playback
- Advanced DSD format offers the highest fidelity recording and playback
- Multi-format versatility
- 5.6 MHz / 2.8 MHz DSD (1-Bit); Supports 1-Bit DSDIFF, WSD, and DSF formats
- PCM 24-Bit/16-Bit; 44.1 kHz thru 196 kHz. Broadcast Wave Supported
- MP3 Playback
- Detailed LED level meters (23 LEDs + Peak) with excellent visibility and response speed
- 160 x 104 pixel backlit custom LCD screen
- Coaxial Digital I/O for PCM sources integrates into existing production environments
- Analog I/O: XLR and RCA; XLR); Selectable reference levels (-12/-14/-16/-18/-20 dB)
- Word Clock I/O provides sync to additional MR-2000S/SBK recorders or other devices
- MR Control Link can control the recorder functions on multiple MR2000S/SBK units
- Up to 400 projects can be created in the MR-2000SBK for each recording date folder
- Exclusive AudioGate version 2.20 audio file convertor software is included
- his software supports reading and conversion of MR project files, fundamental editing, and adds support for file formats such as AAC, MP3 and WMA.
- USB2.0 High Speed mode is supported for rapid file transfers to and from your computer
The new black panel with its bold yet understated design will harmonize with studio equipment as well as your home audio system. To avoid impairing the atmosphere of your listening room, the LED level meters can be turned off, allowing you to immerse yourself in an undisturbed world of sound.
Legendary MR Series Audio Fidelity; Enhanced for the Modern Studio
The MR-2000S-BK combines KORG’s legendary MR Series’ unprecedented audio quality with the features that the modern studio demands, creating the ideal mastering and mixdown recorder. The single-rackspace design and ample on-board hard drive delivers a compact way to capture and carry away the sound you were hearing in the mixing environment. This compact format is also ideal for any live recording rig; or for grabbing that "off-the-board" live recording night after night. The rich black studio finish, backlit LCD, and bright LED level meters provide excellent visibility and response speed, ensuring accurate monitoring. The MR-2000S-BK fulfills the professional ideal of a truly future-proof studio master recorder.
Capturing the Complete Performance
A with all of KORG’s MR Series recorders, the MR-2000SBK supports the 1-Bit/2.8224 MHz DSDIFF format used in creating the SACD (Super Audio Compact Disc). The MR-2000S-BK goes above and beyond this industry standard to provide 1-Bit/5.6448 MHz recording. At such accelerated sampling rates, the entire sound stage is faithfully captured, even during the softest passages. The clarity, ambience and true dynamic range of the original sound source are preserved with unprecedented accuracy.
Generous 128 GB SSD (Solid State Drive)
The internal 128 GB SSD allows approximately 23 hours of recording at the highest quality (1-bit 5.6448 MHz stereo), or approximately 190 hours of CD-quality (16-bit 44.1 kHz stereo). You can connect the MR-2000SBK to your PC via the USB 2.0-compatible port and transfer the recorded data at high speed. The MR-2000SBK can also be used as a FAT32 USB external drive to carry source material and other files when needed. Easy Management of up to 160,000 Projects
When you record on the MR Series, two types of file are created; an audio file and a project file (which contains protect settings and mark data). These two files are collectively called a "project," and can be handled on the MR Series as a single audio file. The MR-2000S-BK lets you enter date information, and a date folder is created automatically for each day that you record.
Each time you record, a project will be created in this folder. For each format, the MR-2000S-BK lets you create up to 400 date folders, with up to 400 projects in each date folder. It's also easy to perform file management tasks such as renaming, deleting, or protecting individual projects.
You can also store up to 100 mark points in each project.
By mastering in this superior format, the recorded material can always be re-created natively in whatever format you require, providing a true future-proof archive. In supporting these recording requirements, the MR-2000S-BK uses the highest-quality components available - the CS4398 Digital to Analog Converter from Cirrus Logic and the Burr-Brown PCM4202 Analog to Digital Converter from Texas Instruments Corporation - minimizing any possible degradation of the audio signal. In addition to the aforementioned 2.8 MHz and 5.6 MHz 1-Bit formats (DSDIFF, WSD and DSF formats are supported), the MR2000SBK is ready to record in any of the current 16-Bit and 24-Bit formats (from 44.1 kHz up to 192 kHz) directly, in BWF (Broadcast WAV) or AIFF formats, and can even playback MP3 files.
The Ideal Connections for the Professional Workplace
The MR-2000S-BK offers the essential connectors for today’s professional workplace. Analog connectors include XLR balanced input/output jacks, and RCA unbalanced input/output jacks. The reference level of the XLR jacks can be switched between -12/-14/-16/-18/-20 dB, allowing the MR-2000S-BK to be used in any recording environment from a music-related studio to a broadcast facility. Digital connectors include S/PDIF coaxial jacks for PCM sources, as well as word clock jacks for synchronization with other devices or additional MR-2000SBK units.