Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 IO Firewire Interface
The Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, a multichannel FireWire audio interface designed with today's project studio in mind, delivers the sound quality of much more expensive interfaces.
Focusrite's unparalleled preamp legacy forms the foundation of the Saffire Pro 40 interface, with eight award-winning Focusrite preamps. These are combined with the latest in FireWire interfacing technology to deliver seamless integration, excellent routing flexibility and future-proof, rock-solid driver stability.
With the Saffire PRO 40 interface, sonic integrity reigns supreme. The eight Focusite preamps ensure low noise and distortion, while quality digital conversion and JetPLL jitter elimination technology ensure pristine audio quality as your audio flows between the analogue and digital domains.
Alongside the eight Focusrite preamps are a host of I/O options; 10 analog outputs, ADAT I/O, stereo SPDIF I/O, and 2 virtual "loopback" inputs for routing digital audio between software applications. Every channel features phantom power, with the first two channels also featuring -9dB pads for additional headroom. Front panel 5-LED metering for each analog input offers accurate viewing of levels.
Saffire PRO 40 comes with the Focusrite plug-in suite. Focusrite Compression, Reverb, Gating and EQ VST/AU plug-ins provide a significant upgrade from standard sequencer effects, bringing a touch of class to your session. Focusrite's established Xcite+ bundle is also included. The bundle includes Ableton Live Lite, Novation's Bass Station soft synth and over 1 gigabyte of royalty-free samples.
Saffire PRO 40 Control, the zero-latency 18 x 16 DSP Mixer/Router software provided with Saffire PRO 40, sets a new standard at this price point for audio interface control. It features unparalleled output routing and monitoring, as well as intuitive one-click solutions, a clear and concise mixing layout and large on-screen metering for inputs, outputs and submixes.
Two independent headphone buses are provided, each with their own level controls available on the front panel. A dedicated stereo monitor mix output features pads for improved sound quality when connected to active monitor speakers. An 'anti-thump' circuit protects your monitor speakers from spikes when booting up or shutting down. Front panel controls include a main monitor dial with dim and mute switches, all of which fully integrate with customizable software to cover every possible monitoring need, providing a set of controls for any setup from basic stereo to full 7.1 surround.
Scarlett, Saffire, and Clarett audio interfaces now include 3 Softube plug-ins.
Add space, depth and width to your sound—TSAR-1R is a reverb plug-in with world class sound and extreme ease of use. With a single slider, you can take TSAR-1R from realistic and three-dimensional rooms to dramatic and dreamlike halls.
A tasty echo effect that can go from clean to rude by overdriving its three modeled tube stages. Create anything from realistic room echoes to rockabilly style slapbacks—or take it all the way into dub reggae echo madness.
Add grit and warmth to any sound source with this modeled output distortion unit. Use it to fatten up bass lines, add some harmonics and shimmer to vocals, or simply destroy your drum loop. Simply turn up the knob to add saturation, and use the three-position switch to alter the distortion character.
Customers can download the Softube Time and Tone Pack for free from their download area on focusrite.com; valid with all registered purchases of Focusrite Scarlett, Saffire, and Clarett Interfaces that were made on or after September 1st, 2015.
- Eight High Quality Award-winning Focusrite Preamps
- The best-sounding interface in its class. Focusrite's unparalleled preamp legacy forms the foundation of this new interface, with 8 award-winning Focusrite preamps.
- High Quality 24-bit/96kHz FireWire Interface
- Features high quality A-D / D-A conversion and JetPLL jitter elimination technology; pristine audio quality and reliable synchronization are guaranteed.
- Total I/O Count of 20 Inputs and 20 Outputs
- A host of I/O options are provided, including a unique loopback facility for routing audio between software applications via Saffire PRO 40 Control.
- The Focusrite Plug-in Suite
- Upgrade your standard sequencer effects and bring a touch of class to your session with all-new Focusrite Compression, Reverb, Gating and EQ VST/AU plug-ins.
- Two separate headphone buses
- Two artists can receive independent and fully customized monitor mixes. Each output has an independent level control available on the front panel.
- Saffire PRO 40 Control Zero-latency DSP Mixer/Router
- Routing flexibility and intuitive one-click setup solutions; Saffire PRO 40 Control provides an 18 x 16 DSP mixer with excellent output routing and monitoring capabilities.
- Unmatched routing flexibility
- Saffire PRO 40 is the most flexible interface in its class, able to adapt to any recording session quickly and intuitively. The user is able to route any input signal or DAW output, or a mix of both, to any of the 20 outputs.