This item is discontinued, this page has only been left up for reference purposes. Scarlett, Saffire, and Clarett audio interfaces now include 3 Softube plug-ins.TSAR-1R:
The Focusrite Saffire PRO 14 is an 8 in/6 out
FireWire audio interface designed for the modern home studio. Two
award-winning preamps inheriting the Focusrite legacy dating back to the
days of Mr. Rupert Neve provide Focusrite's legendary sonic
performance. Digital and analog I/O combine with Focusrite's established
MixControl software to deliver seamless integration, excellent routing
flexibility, and rock-solid driver stability.
Along with the 2 high-quality mic preamps, 2 additional analog inputs, 4
analog outputs, S/PDIF, and MIDI open the door to true multitrack
recording. Two Hi-Z instrument inputs let you plug straight in without
the need to buy additional DI boxes, and two virtual Loopback inputs are
also available for routing digital audio between software
applications—ideal for capturing online audio.
Included with the PRO 14 is Saffire MixControl, an 18 x 6 DSP mixer.
Offering a level of flexibility that is unparalleled at this price
point, MixControl software enables you to create six separate mixes
without latency. Route any combination of input signals and sequencer
outputs to any of Saffire PRO 14's outputs. Intuitive one-click
configurations help you track, monitor and mix as quickly as possible.
Focusrite's established Xcite+ bundle is also included. The bundle
features Ableton Live Lite (for all your production, performance and
compositional needs), Novation's Bass Station soft synth and over 1 gig
of royalty-free samples from Loopmasters. With Saffire PRO 14, sonic
integrity is never compromised. The two Focusrite preamps ensure low
noise and distortion, whilst quality digital conversion and JetPLL™
jitter elimination technology ensure pristine quality as your audio
flows between the analogue and digital domains. Combined with the very
latest in FireWire interfacing technology, excellent routing flexibility
and rock-solid driver stability, the Saffire PRO 14 is the heart of the
modern home studio.
Add space, depth and width to your sound—TSAR-1R is a reverb plug-in with world class sound and extreme ease of use. With a single slider, you can take TSAR-1R from realistic and three-dimensional rooms to dramatic and dreamlike halls.Tube Delay:
A tasty echo effect that can go from clean to rude by overdriving its three modeled tube stages. Create anything from realistic room echoes to rockabilly style slapbacks—or take it all the way into dub reggae echo madness.Saturation Knob:
Add grit and warmth to any sound source with this modeled output distortion unit. Use it to fatten up bass lines, add some harmonics and shimmer to vocals, or simply destroy your drum loop. Simply turn up the knob to add saturation, and use the three-position switch to alter the distortion character.Customers can download the Softube Time and Tone Pack for free from their download area on focusrite.com; valid with all registered purchases of Focusrite Scarlett, Saffire, and Clarett Interfaces that were made on or after September 1st, 2015.
- Two high-quality award-winning Focusrite preamps based on Focusrite's 25-year
- High-quality 24-bit/96kHz FireWire interface: Features professional
conversion and JetPLL™ jitter elimination technology, guaranteeing
pristine audio quality and reliable synchronization.
- Total I/O count of 8 inputs and 6 outputs: A host of I/O options
are provided, including a unique Loopback facility for routing audio
between software applications via Saffire MixControl.
- Saffire MixControl ultra-low-latency: DSP mixer/router Provides an
18 x 6 DSP mixer with excellent routing flexibility, intuitive one-click
configurations, and lower than 1.4ms latency (less than the time it
takes sound to travel two feet through air).
- Focusrite VST/AU Plug-in Suite, for use in the mix: Upgrade your
standard sequencer effects and bring a touch of class to your session
with Focusrite Compression, Reverb, Gating and EQ VST/AU plug-ins.
- Xcite+ Software Bundle: Featuring a host of royalty-free loops and
samples, a full-fledged soft-synth and Ableton Live Lite 8, providing an
affordable upgrade path to Ableton Live.
- Two Hi-Z instrument inputs: No need for a separate DI. The first two channels feature high-gain instrument inputs.
- Bus-powered for a tidy mobile recording rig Saffire PRO 14 can be powered via FireWire, or via its own power supply.
- Dedicated front-panel headphone bus Providing a fully customized
monitor mix, with tactile level control available on the front panel.
- Tactile Monitor dial: A front panel volume dial provides immediate control over the main stereo outputs.
- Switchable phantom power: Across both mic pre inputs, globally switchable direct from the front fascia.
- Software PFL: Allows the mix engineer to easily monitor a single mixer channel or complete mix.