The Focusrite Saffire PRO 14 is an 8 in/6 out FireWire audio interface designed for the modern home studio. Two award-winning preamps inheriting the Focusrite legacy dating back to the days of Mr. Rupert Neve provide Focusrite's legendary sonic performance. Digital and analog I/O combine with Focusrite's established MixControl software to deliver seamless integration, excellent routing flexibility, and rock-solid driver stability.
Along with the 2 high-quality mic preamps, 2 additional analog inputs, 4 analog outputs, S/PDIF, and MIDI open the door to true multitrack recording. Two Hi-Z instrument inputs let you plug straight in without the need to buy additional DI boxes, and two virtual Loopback inputs are also available for routing digital audio between software applications—ideal for capturing online audio.
Included with the PRO 14 is Saffire MixControl, an 18 x 6 DSP mixer. Offering a level of flexibility that is unparalleled at this price point, MixControl software enables you to create six separate mixes without latency. Route any combination of input signals and sequencer outputs to any of Saffire PRO 14's outputs. Intuitive one-click configurations help you track, monitor and mix as quickly as possible.
Focusrite's established Xcite+ bundle is also included. The bundle features Ableton Live Lite (for all your production, performance and compositional needs), Novation's Bass Station soft synth and over 1 gig of royalty-free samples from Loopmasters. With Saffire PRO 14, sonic integrity is never compromised. The two Focusrite preamps ensure low noise and distortion, whilst quality digital conversion and JetPLL™ jitter elimination technology ensure pristine quality as your audio flows between the analogue and digital domains. Combined with the very latest in FireWire interfacing technology, excellent routing flexibility and rock-solid driver stability, the Saffire PRO 14 is the heart of the modern home studio.
- Two high-quality award-winning Focusrite preamps based on Focusrite's 25-year
- High-quality 24-bit/96kHz FireWire interface: Features professional conversion and JetPLL™ jitter elimination technology, guaranteeing pristine audio quality and reliable synchronization.
- Total I/O count of 8 inputs and 6 outputs: A host of I/O options are provided, including a unique Loopback facility for routing audio between software applications via Saffire MixControl.
- Saffire MixControl ultra-low-latency: DSP mixer/router Provides an 18 x 6 DSP mixer with excellent routing flexibility, intuitive one-click configurations, and lower than 1.4ms latency (less than the time it takes sound to travel two feet through air).
- Focusrite VST/AU Plug-in Suite, for use in the mix: Upgrade your standard sequencer effects and bring a touch of class to your session with Focusrite Compression, Reverb, Gating and EQ VST/AU plug-ins.
- Xcite+ Software Bundle: Featuring a host of royalty-free loops and samples, a full-fledged soft-synth and Ableton Live Lite 8, providing an affordable upgrade path to Ableton Live.
- Two Hi-Z instrument inputs: No need for a separate DI. The first two channels feature high-gain instrument inputs.
- Bus-powered for a tidy mobile recording rig Saffire PRO 14 can be powered via FireWire, or via its own power supply.
- Dedicated front-panel headphone bus Providing a fully customized monitor mix, with tactile level control available on the front panel.
- Tactile Monitor dial: A front panel volume dial provides immediate control over the main stereo outputs.
- Switchable phantom power: Across both mic pre inputs, globally switchable direct from the front fascia.
- Software PFL: Allows the mix engineer to easily monitor a single mixer channel or complete mix.