When you get an OctoPre MkII, you're not just adding a set of eight
great-sounding microphone preamplifiers to your rig, you're upgrading
the potential of your entire music production setup. At an outrageously
low cost, you get eight of the same kind of expressively musical
preamplifiers that have made the Saffire Pro a total hit, plus each
channel on the OctoPre MkII is equipped with truly useful extras.
Whether you're expanding your recording rig, or adding a bank of
high-quality pres to your live setup, we're sure you'll be impressed
with the incredible value of the Focusrite OctoPre MkII.
built the OctoPre MkII with ADAT optical output, which is perfect for
expanding most recording interfaces. In fact, most of us add microphone
preamplifiers to our rigs so that we can track an entire band at once.
To do that, we need enough preamplifiers to cover the whole band,
including the drums. The OctoPre MkII's preamps are prefect for drums,
with all of the dynamic needed for high SPLs, and -10dB Pads to keep the
volume under control.
The OctoPre MkII is ready for more than
just drums — it's also prepared for instruments level signals. You can
track guitars, bass, or keys direct and get the most out of those
excellent effects plug-ins in your DAW. Focusrite also made the OctoPre
MkII rackmountable, but you don't have to use the included rack ears if
you don't want to. If you plan to use the OctoPre MkII with other
digital gear, you'll appreciate its Word Clock input. Sticking to an
analog signal chain? No problem! The OctoPre MkII has direct outs for
each of its channels. So whether you're recording or using it live,
going digital or staying analog, the Focusrite Octopre MkII give you
eight fantastic microphone preamplifiers at an unbeatable cost!
- Same Focusrite preamps as found on the Saffire Pro Range
- Eight award-winning Focusrite Pre-amps
- Built-in eight channel 24-bit / 96kHz digital outputs (ADAT)
- Mic-pres optimized for tracking drums
- Two quality Hi-Z instrument inputs
- Five LED input metering on every channel
- -10dB Pads on every channel
- Direct (Line) outputs on every channel
- 19" rack-mount with detachable rack-ears
- 48V Phantom power available on every channel
- State-of-the-art Clocking Solutions - Word Clock input