EastWest/Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra sis known for the warmth and detail of its sound. With the incorporation of PLAY, users of the upgraded EastWest/Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra will experience the benefits of the an even better sample engine immediately. With the typical orchestral composition encompassing a large amount of instruments, EASTWEST's PLAY software will streamline the process by allowing many more instruments to be loaded at one time than with previous systems. The Platinum Complete version features 117GB worth of material, with 24-bit samples, each with three mic positions and full articulations.
Beyond EastWest/Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra's phenomenal recording quality is its ability to breathe life into the virtual world, creating a real space and filling it with sound. In the past, this meant adding reverb and effects, further digitizing and degrading the overall quality of your music. Now, EastWest/Quantum Leap accomplish this through separately recording the natural hall ambience after the instrument has stopped playing until the sound has actually ceased. The software triggers this "release trail" at the end of every note and adjusts the dynamics so that the samples blend seamlessly, truly placing the listener in the hall with the orchestra.
Each instrument and orchestral section is chromatically sampled at three different mic positions (close, stage, and hall), allowing you to mix together instantly within the included PLAY sampler any combination for the ultimate in real-time tone and ambience control.
PLAY isn't just a sampler. The PLAY system is a professional, fully integrated sample playback software solution for those with the most demanding production requirements. Its 64-bit support (available as a download for Mac users) allows you to load many more instruments and voices, limited only by your system RAM. 32-bit support is included also.
If you still need more power, PLAY's network control allows you to load instruments on other machines controlled from your host computer. That means no more trips back and forth between computers and no more KVM switching when loading projects. There's also no need to buy additional software.
The PLAY interface is designed to eliminate clutter, including only the controls needed for each individual virtual instrument. All the instruments are listed in one easy-to-use browser which displays all of your instruments. It includes a favorites section to group the instruments you use most. You can also preview your instrument of choice in an simplified column viewer. Load instruments into one instance to take advantage of your sequencer's instrument tracks, or into multiples if you so desire. The Interface automatically changes to display current instrument whatever you do.
As far as articulations, you can forget browsing through complicated patch names. Just pick the instrument and play, and turn on/off articulations as you wish. The Articulations list also serves as reference for all expressions within the instrument (no need to look up key-switches in charts). Save your favorite configuration for quick retrieval.
PLAY is full of many other helpful features too. It has a legato detection that senses legato and repetitive playing and responds accordingly. It allows you to manipulate stereo samples in very useful ways, like the Stereo Swap which lets you instantly swap the left and right channels (Mono from left, Mono from right, or Mono Sum allow for instant conversion from stereo to mono). Th playback engine was built from the ground up to create the most intuitive instruments possible. The powerful effects engine has a reverb section which includes multiple impulse responses from halls, and the famous EastWest Studios and live chambers (more RIAA certified Platinum and Gold records awarded than any other studio). It also gives you incredibly smoothest filters. The iLok security system that PLAY uses ensures you complete portability, allowing you take your plug-in anywhere you want for use on any computer, and to authorize and manage up to 100 per one key.
PLAY is natively supported in all major hosts on all major operating systems.
- 117GB: contains 24-bit samples, each with three mic positions and full articulations
- Recorded by 11-time Grammy nominated classical recording engineer Prof. Keith O. Johnson
- 64-bit with 32-bit compatibility PC
- Full memory access MAC (requires 64-bit MAC)
- Mac Intel compatible
- Intuitive custom interface
- Intelligent Performance section including Portamento, Repetition, Legato, Round Robin Reset
- Improved articulation window and controls
- On-screen mic position mixing
- State-of-the-art Convolution Reverb with pre-delay and additional Master control to route reverb to all instruments in an instance
- Convolution includes the hall where the orchestra was recorded in for additional control of hall ambience
- Intelligent release trail engine that follows the note-on samples volume at all times, so release trails always match
- Release trails unaffected by mod-wheel cross-fade programs
- Radical mod-wheel movements do not degrade release trails
- Recall custom key-switches instantly
- Key-switch sizes now unlimited
- Improved sound quality with high-resolution audio engine
- Hi-fidelity one pole filter for natural crossfades
- Stereo image editing now possible using channel sourcing
- Licenses included to install each section on multiple computers
- Original and Pro XP expansion combined into "complete" PLAY version
- Completely re-programmed for PLAY from the original recordings
Included for both Mac and PC:
- 32-bit standalone and plug-in versions
- 64-bit PC VST (host must support 64-bit VST plugins) and standalone versions
- WIN: VST, ASIO, DirectSound, RTAS
- MAC: VST, Audio Units, Core Audio, RTAS