The Drawmer S3 Multi-Band Stereo Tube Compressor offers previously unattainable control and tonality over each of the three bands. Gain control at each stage provides precise spectral balancing. The signal path consists of high performance input/output transformers, passive components and 10 tubes: 8 ECC83 and 2 12BH7 configured as a fully balanced Class A design.
Because the LDR's (Light Dependent Resistors) in the compressors are temperature sensitive the Drawmer S3 houses an electronic oven' which provides and sustains the optimum LDR operating temperature - thereby maintaining calibration accuracy and improving performance.
The S3 stereo tube compressor's front panel LED indicates temperature status. Large-scale VU meters are switchable to Peak' mode to show transient information. Two further VU meter re-scale modes are available (+10dB and +20dB) to accurately display the S3 compressor's ability to output levels of up to +30dBm.
The Drawmer S3 Multi-Band Stereo Tube compressor has a master output section that includes controls for both Gain and stereo balance to compensate for source material with a Left/Right imbalance or disproportionate processing.
- Fully balanced signal path class a design
- Isolation transformers in and out
- 20 x active tube stages
- High power push/pull' output stage delivering up to +30dbm
- Variable band split points
- Fast reacting oven' controlled LDR's to maintain calibration accuracy
- Switchable peak' or vu' metering to display transients
- Switchable +10db or +20db meter re-scale modes
- Air' mode for high band
- Big' mode for low band
- Switchable mute and bypass on each band
- Individual gain reduction metering on all bands