Bitwig Studio Educational
Students, faculty, staff and administration attending and / or working at an accredited educational institutional facility: private / public schools, colleges, and universities are all eligible.
Following your purchase, we need to verify your status as a student or faculty member of an accredited academic institution. To do so, please submit the following:
1. A scan of your student or faculty ID
2. If you are a student, please send a official copy of your current registered curriculum and a link to your school.
BITWIG STUDIO is a new and innovative music creation,
recording, and performance software that supports all three major computing platforms: Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Combining traditional arrangement sequencing with modern performance-oriented clip launching
workflows, BITWIG STUDIO is the ultimate solution for realizing all your musical ideas across every stage of production.
STUDIO offers a state-of-the-art audio engine under the hood, with full
multi-processing support, a unified modulation system, 32/64-bit VST plugin bridging, and VST plugin crash protection.
STUDIO comes with over 50 included devices. Conventional Instruments (Polysynth, FM-4, Organ, Sampler and analog-style Drum Modules) and FX (Delays, Equalizers, Compressors), as well as Container devices (to build parallel instrument or effect chains), Note FX, and Modulator devices (additional controllers like LFOs, envelope fol- lowers and step
sequencers for modulating any other device). Extend this collection with your favorite VST effects and instruments, and use them side by side with BITWIG STUDIO internal devices.
Customized workflow to match any style.
Bitwig Studio features a flexible panel based user interface; you have the power to choose what you wish to see depending on task, on up to three monitors.
In Bitwig Studio, use the Clip Launcher alongside your arrangement to draft your song‘s layout on the fly, or use it exclusively as a performance tool.
Your limitless creative space.
The Detail Editor optimizes audio editing by allowing you to perform non-destructive edits within a clip. This allows you to stretch, split, pitch, pan, copy, reverse, add, move and re-arrange audio as you choose. Edit multiple tracks in the same view, notes using audio as a reference, isolate your view to one clip or expand it to see the everything in the entire track.
The most expressive DAW in the industry.
Besides standard note editing features, and per note expressions such as Velocity, Gain, Pan, Timbre and Pressure, Bitwig Studio features unique tools like micro pitch and sophisticated layered editing, and is a forefront runner in supporting MPE.
MPE stands for Multidimensional Polyphonic Expression. By supporting the MPE standard, Bitwig Studio is among the first DAWs capable of capturing and utilizing the precise features of the most advanced MIDI controllers available on the market today, such as Roli Seaboard and the Linnstrument.
A device in a device in a device in a device...
Device Nesting is a powerful feature for sound design with any combination of Bitwig devices and VST plugins. From Container Devices to FX slots, virtually anywhere you imagine another device could go, it probably will. Nesting Devices means that you can place a device in a device in a device... theoretically, this can go on forever. There many cases where this technology is extremely useful. A Container Device is a simple example of nesting. For a more complex and detailed example, check out Cristian Vogel's "Deep Freeze" to see how far the rabbit hole goes.
Modulating one parameter from the next often means losing hands-on control – until now. Bitwig Studio is hard-coded with a Unified Modulation System, allowing you to easily link any device parameter, including nested internal devices and VST plug-ins, without losing hands-on control. Never before has modulating virtually any parameter between devices been so simple. Nothing is locked, so you can manipulate on the fly to find the perfect range of modulation. Make your devices take on a life of their own, create dynamic relationships between sounds, and hear your music begin to breathe.
Bitwig Studio connects your eco system.
Bitwig Studio plugs right in to your existing setup. With modern software architecture 32-bit and 64-bit VST plug-ins are natively supported, no third-party bridging is necessary to run your favorite plugins side-by-side.
Dedicated Hardware Instrument and Effect devices allow you to control your hardware synthesizers, drum machines and effect racks from within your project.
Never again will a single plugin take down your entire project. The “sandboxing” feature built-in to Bitwig Studio ensures plug-in crashes will not interrupt valuable production time, or your performance on stage. Bitwig Studio protects your workflow while efficiently running your VSTs for non-stop creativity.
Limited to one idea? Think again.
The bassline from your last session could be the missing piece of your current project. The rhythm section in your latest song carries perfectly over to the next. No need to close anything or dig through complex file structures. With Bitwig Studio, open multiple projects at the same time and drag-and-drop between them.
The dynamic Inspector panel is a workflow accelerator. It changes depending on where you are and shifts focus with you, to give you easy access to the tools you need. The Inspector allows you to simultaneously edit multiple notes, Events, Clips or Tracks.
The Histogram is a feature of the Inspector panel that offers a unique way of working with randomization and variation.
Simplify your mix.
Group Tracks is a tried and true way to quickly manage multiple parts of a mix at once. Grouping similar tracks together allows them to be controlled together as a unit and is a great help in organizing your workspace.
Bitwig Studio allows you to freely route audio and notes, create Groups inside Groups and work on and save grouped content as meta clips.
Browse, Audition, Insert, Swap
The Pop-Up Browser makes auditioning and selecting Devices, Presets, VSTs and Samples fast, intuitive and inspiring. With powerful search and filter tools it’s never been easier to locate, or discover the sound you're looking for.
The Pop-Up Browser is nothing less than your own personal content management system.
Music at your fingertips.
With a touch screen and the dedicated touch display profile the full power of Bitwig Studio is literally at your fingertips. We’ve developed complete multi-touch functionality to quickly identify gestures for the most unique and intuitive workflow ever: multi-touch support, our unique radial gestures menu, touch keyboard and pen control (Microsoft Surface Pro and Surface Book).
Control scripting with ease.
“Smart controller“ takes on a new meaning in Bitwig Studio. Freely edit existing control scripts direct from the companies that design your controllers, or create your own. Get the most out of your gear with hands-on control of the parameters that mean the most to you, and take full advantage of every pad, knob, button, and key at your fingertips.
- Cross-platform DAW (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux)
- Intuitive non-linear sequencing for the studio and beyond
- Full multi-core and multi-processor support
- VST 2.4 support with built-in 32/64-bit bridging and plug-in crash protection
- Proprietary time-stretching technology
- Multi-display support for up to 3 displays
- Tabbed document interface for multiple projects open at once with drag-and-drop between them Over 50 included devices, including conventional Instruments (Polysynth, FM-4, Organ, Sampler and analog-style Drum Modules) and FX (Delays, Equalizers, Compressors), as well as Container devices (to build parallel instrument or effect chains), Note FX, and Modulator devices (additional controllers like LFOs and step sequencers for modulating any other device).
- Unified Modulation System: Use Macro Controls, Note Expressions, LFOs, and Envelope
- Followers to modulate any device parameter, including nested internal devices and even VST plug-ins
- Advanced layered editing
- Note and Audio expressions, including per-note Micro-Pitch Control
- Dynamic Object Inspector: Select multiple notes or events and edit them together with the interactive parameter histogram, easily adding variations as you go
- Automatic sample slicing to both Sampler or Drum Machine
- Multiple audio events per clip: Automatically cut up samples and rearrange them on the fly in the Detail Editor
- Dedicated Device Panel Mappings with color-coded knobs and buttons for an overview at a glance Support for various MIDI controllers out of the box
- Sound Content: Over one thousand presets and sounds, 3 GB of factory content: Drum Machines (808, 909... Percussion), Acoustic Drums, multi-sampled
- Open Controller API: Create and customize functionality for virtually any MIDI controller, including scripting access to nearly every feature of BITWIG STUDIO