Audix MB5055 50" Microboom with M1255
The MicroBoom is a 50" carbon fiber rod that can be utilized with any of the condenser microphones in the Micros series. Lightweight and able to attach to any microphone stand, the MicroBoom is a problem solver for many hard-to-reach micing applications including choir, plays, and orchestra.
The MicroBoom can be used with a choice of capsules in the Micros series, offering a broad choice of pick-up pattern and frequency response. High quality shielded cable is used internally to insure the cleanest audio signal path between the microphone and the bottom of the boom, which terminates in a mini-XLR male connector. The stand adapter designed for the MicroBoom allows for total control over the angle, rotation, and position of the carbon fiber rod. A metal thumbscrew locks the rod firmly in place. The final angle and position of the microphone is controlled by using the flexible metal gooseneck just below the microphone. The MicroBoom provides an ultra-clean, professional, and elegant appearance on stage while providing exceptional performance and portability.
The M1255, a miniaturized condenser microphone with a fully integrated preamp and detachable cable, is designed with a very high sensitivity for distance micing. Applications include ceiling mount or table mount for conferencing, overhead choir micing, location recording, audience or room micing.
The M1255 has complete immunity from RF interference caused by cell phones and GSM devices. The M1255, which is equipped with a cardioid capsule, is also available with hypercardioid, omni or shotgun capsules, giving the microphone the unique ability to be used in a wide variety of live, studio and broadcast applications.
- Ensemble vocal
- Orchestral zone micing
- Location recording
- Conference room
- Lightweight, rigid
- Portable, easy to position
- Clean, elegant appearance
- Choice of capsules
- Exceptional sound quality
- No external power adapter needed
- Attaches to any mic stand
- Can be used horizontally or vertically
- Material Rod: Carbon Fiber
- Gooseneck: Steel
- Connectors: Brass
- Length: 50"
- Diameter: .20"
Bottom: Mini-XLR Male
Top: Mini-XLR Female
- Weight: 2.5 oz (without mix or clip)
- Finish: Non-reflective black
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Frequency Response: 80Hz-20kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid (other capsules available)
- Output Impedance: 150 ohms
- Sensitivity at 1k: 34.5 mV/Pa
- Signal/Noise Ratio (A-weighted): 73dB
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 21dB
- Maximum SPL @ .5% THD: >/=137.5 dB
- Dynamice Range: 117 dB
- Power Requirements: 48-52 V
- Connector: 3 pin mini-XLRm
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3
- Housing/Finish: Machined brass/powder coat
- Weight: 0.6 oz
- Length: 1.97"