Please note this is available via ELECTRONIC DOWNLOAD only, your download code will be sent to you in 30 minutes or less during normal business hours. There are NO returns on this product.
The massively powerful Oberheim Matrix-12 has been resurrected at last. Using our TAE™ modeling technology, we are able to recapture this beast of a synthesizer and bring it to you.Often coveted, rarely found for sale, and known as one of the greatest analog synths ever made, the Oberheim Matrix 12 was the crowning pinnacle of Oberheim products. Used by the likes of Joe Zawinul, Michael Brecker, Keith Emerson, Vince Clarke, Tangerine Dream, Nitzer Ebb, and many more, it is now available to you too.
Every point in the signal path is important when modeling the sound of such a revered instrument.
So to establish the proper foundation, we perfectly recreated the tonal characteristics of the original 2 oscillators and their waveforms in Matrix-12 V. And it was equally critical to capture every nuance of its 15 filter modes, so we kept at it until they had been modeled perfectly!
Another factor in defining the complex sound of the Matrix-12 was the amazing number of modulation sources and destinations it provided. This was a level of sophistication previously only available in a fully modular system.
So to complete the emulation we modeled these capabilities also, even surpassing them. With a nearly endless number of possible modulation routings in Matrix-12 V you can create sounds with highly organic qualities not found in other synthesizers.
While the Matrix 12 was amazing in itself, we pushed it further by adding new effects chain for further processing of the sound. We also expanded the allowed number of modulations from 20 to 40 giving you even more creative freedom. Add to this the ability to control all the parameters via MIDI, you can now do automations in a DAW or manually that could never be done before.
- Two oscillators, each offering triangle, sawtooth and variable-width pulse wave with PWM.
- Oscillator 2 also offers a white noise generator.
- Oscillator 1 can be frequency modulated.
- Ultra-powerful modulation matrix with 27 sources and 47 destinations.
- Sources include 5 envelopes, 5 LFOs, 4 Ramp, 3 Track generators, Velocity, Pressure, Keyboard follow, ...
- Two insert effect slots with six studio-grade effects to choose from.
- 12 voices of polyphony like the original instrument
- Works in Standalone, VST, VST3, AU, AAX.