Apogee Element 24 Thunderbolt Interface
Apogee’s Element 24, 46 and 88 are Thunderbolt audio I/O boxes for Mac. The Element Series takes the best of cutting-edge Apogee gear like Symphony I/O Mk II, Ensemble Thunderbolt and Groove and puts it into simple form factors. With streamlined hardware features and advanced software control, the Element series delivers ultimate recording quality and performance at unprecedented prices.
10 IN x 12 OUT Thunderbolt Audio I/O Box for Mac
Element 24 is perfect for the independent musician recording with 1 or 2 inputs at a time who wants the best possible sound quality, lowest latency and high quality performance.
Analog to Digital Conversion
A high-quality A/D converter is critical for capturing every detail of your recordings into your computer. The Element series features some of the best Apogee A/D conversion. Recording through an Element ensures you will minimize unwanted noise and maximize the signal quality. Your tracks will sound amazing and mixing your project will be easier.
Whether you are recording powerful drums, dynamic vocals or delicate strings, you need a premium mic preamp to capture the finest details of the performance. The Element Series mic preamps feature Apogee’s Advanced Stepped Gain Architecture™. This analog circuit is designed to dynamically optimize across a gain range of 0-75dB to provide superior bandwidth and low distortion.
Digital to Analog Conversion
With a high-quality D/A converter, you will hear more definition in each track and virtual instrument. This clarity makes it easier for you to make precise adjustments and achieve the ideal balance when mixing your music. When you listen to your sessions through an Element, tracks will blend more harmoniously and mixing will be easier. The high end will sound crisp and clear and the low end will be tight and well defined.
An audio interface relies on a clock source like an orchestra relies on a conductor. A digital audio clock provides a timing signal to all the parts of a digital audio system so that each part of the AD/DA process may be synchronized. Element has its own built-in clock source and provides professional Word Clock IN and OUT for syncing with other digital audio gear. Use Element as the master clock to take advantage of Apogee’s superior built-in clocking technology.
The Element Series Thunderbolt driver offers incredible low-latency performance (1.41 ms round-trip) and rock-solid stability. Apogee’s custom driver uses less of your computer’s CPU power with the help of Direct Memory Access (DMA) technology. This allows you to run more plugins and monitor through your DAW at a low buffer setting. Element’s low latency driver means you don’t have to choose between power and speed.
- 10 IN x 12 OUT Thunderbolt Audio I/O box
- AD/DA conversion for recording up to 192kHz/24-bit
- 2 analog inputs with world-class mic preamps and selectable 48v phantom power for connecting microphones, instruments or line-level devices
- 4 analog outputs - 2 balanced L/R XLR outputs, 1 1/4” stereo headphone output
- Single port Thunderbolt connectivity to Mac for ultra-low latency performance - 1.41ms round-trip at 96kHz with a 32 buffer setting
- Optical IN: Supports ADAT, SMUX & S/PDIF - ADAT: 8 channels 44.1-48 kHz on 1 Tousling connector, SMUX: 4 channels 88.2-96 kHz on 1 Tousling connector, S/PDIF: 2 channels, up to 192 kHz on 1 Toslink connector
- Optical OUT: Supports ADAT, SMUX & S/PDIF - ADAT: 8 channels 44.1-48 kHz on 1 Tousling connector, SMUX: 4 channels 88.2-96 kHz on 1 Tousling connector, S/PDIF: 2 channels, up to 192 kHz on 1 Toslink connector
- Word Clock IN/OUT via BNC connections for syncing with other digital audio gear
- Element Control Software for Mac provides all control of hardware parameters including input gain, output level and low latency monitoring
- Element Control Mobile App provides wireless remote control of hardware via iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Works with Apogee Control – Optional desktop hardware remote control (Sold separately)
- Multi-Unit Thunderbolt support – Connect any two Element audio I/O boxes directly to Thunderbolt ports on your computer