Powered by the same groundbreaking Evo Voice Processing Technology as Antares' Auto-Tune Evo, the latest generation of a worldwide standard in professional vocal pitch correction, Auto-Tune EFX makes Antares-quality pitch processing accessible to anyone engaged in computer-based audio recording.
Designed to make almost everything automatic, Auto-Tune EFX provides two different flavors of the Auto-Tune Vocal Effect as well as real-time pitch correction. Just select your desired effect type, set the key and scale of your track, and Auto-Tune EFX does the rest. For songs with complex chord progressions or modulations, you can optionally set up custom scales or use your host's automation facility to allow the processing of virtually any vocal line.
Auto-Tune Vocal Effect
Made wildly popular by T-Pain, Cher, and many other artists in virtually every genre of popular music, the Auto-Tune Vocal Effect is what is technically known as "pitch quantization." Instead of allowing all of the small variations in pitch and the gradual transitions between notes that are a normal part of singing, the Auto-Tune Vocal Effect limits each note to an exact pitch, stripping out any variation, as well as forcing instantaneous transitions between a singer's notes.
Like Auto-Tune Evo, Auto-Tune EFX pitch correction works by continuously tracking the pitch of your vocal and comparing it to the notes in a (customizable) scale. The scale note closest to the input pitch is identified as the target note. If your vocal's pitch exactly matches the target note, no correction is applied. If your vocal pitch varies from the target note, either sharp or flat, the output pitch is smoothly corrected to the singer's target note.
- Hard EFX for the classic Auto-Tune Vocal Effect popularized by T-Pain, Cher, and many others
- Soft EFX is a variation of the Auto-Tune Vocal Effect that allows slight pitch variations and slightly less instant note transitions
- Pitch Correct provides high-quality, real-time correction of intonation problems, while preserving all the expressive nuance of the original performance
- Key and Scale Menus set the key and scale (major, minor, or chromatic) of your track
- Note buttons let you customize your scale for a variety of effects, and to accommodate any song's harmonic structure