The super-portable Akai Professional LPK25 makes a huge statement: scaled down doesn't have to mean scaled back! The LPK25 is a mini-sized 25-key USB MIDI that's perfect for laptop music creation, but it's surprisingly feature-loaded for such a portable, affordable gadget. For starters, the 25 keys have real synth action, so they've got an awesome feel and response. Beyond that, there's an arpeggiator feature onboard plus sustain, octave up, octave down, and tap tempo controls — not shabby for the sub-13", under-one-pound LPK25 controller.
Lean and mighty 25-key controller for your mobile music-making
If you're building your portable music-production system, you're definitely going to love the Akai Professional LPK25. This portable controller doesn't skimp on features — the LPK25 has got 25 velocity-sensitive keys with real synth action, so it's great for controlling your favorite virtual instruments.
Cool extras include an arpeggiator, a sustain feature, and tap tempo controls
On top of its 25 synth-action keys, the LPK25 sports other cool tools. You'll dig the onboard arpeggiator, which automatically steps through chords — you've got a lot of control over it. For further expression, there's a handy sustain button, octave up/down controls, and a tap tempo feature — all in an easy-to-learn layout. Last but not least, the LPK25 features four memory banks, so you can program and recall settings to the different software programs you use.
Works with your Mac or PC — no extra drivers, no nasty wall wart
If you've got a Mac or a PC — or both — you're still ready to make music with the LPK25. It works "plug and play," so there are no frustrating drivers to find and then install. Cooler yet, it receives power from your computer via USB, so you won't ever need an outlet to get up and running with your creative outlet.
Akai Professional LPK25 25-key USB Keyboard Controller Includes:
- 25-key USB-MIDI controller works with virtually all audio software
- 25 velocity-sensitive mini-keyboard keys with synth action
- Arpeggiator, sustain button, octave up and down, and tap tempo controls
- Plug-and-play USB connection for Mac and PC requires no driver installation
- Small enough to fit in a backpack or laptop bag
- Four programmable memory banks
- Send note information or program changes from keys
- Comes with editor software for Mac and PC
- USB bus powered - no additional power cable needed
- LPK25 keyboard controller
- USB cable
- Software CD