AKG C 451 B Condenser Microphone
AKG's C 451 was one of the all-time great studio condenser microphones. Though the original C 451 mic ended production many years ago, it's still an extremely popular staple in studios all over the world. The enduring popularity of the C 451 inspired AKG to bring this mic back in the C 451 B.
Ideal for overhead drum miking and capturing rich transients
One of the C 451 B's most common applications is for drum overheads, and many engineers say there's nothing quite like it for miking cymbals - the metallic "crash" and brilliance come through perfectly. The C 451 B is also an excellent tool for accurately capturing signals rich in transients such as instruments with a percussive sound, acoustic guitar, or for overhead miking.
Sonically identical to the classic C 451 with improved design
Sonically identical to the original, which featured the much-acclaimed CK-1 cardioid capsule, the new C 451 B is incredibly precise and accurate. AKG made the C 451 B with dramatically improved specifications. Using an extremely light diaphragm, the new C 451 B is almost totally insensitive to handling noise. Other features include an all-metal body for excellent protection from RF interference and high reliability for excellent results under almost all conditions.
Increased stability selectable pad and high-pass filter
The C 451 B capsule is permanently fixed to the preamp to increase overall stability under mechanical stress. It includes a switchable preattenuation pad to increase the C 451 B's SPL capability. A switchable high-pass filter at 75Hz or 150Hz prevents low-end distortion. The AKG C 451 B microphone makes a great addition to any professional studio or recording setup.
- Cardioid condenser mic with outstanding transient response
- Frequency range 20Hz-20kHz
- Sensitivity 9 mV/Pa (-41dBV)
- Max. SPL 135/145/155dB (0/-10/-20dB)
- Equivalent noise level (CCIR 468-3) 29dB
- Equivalent noise level 18dBA
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted) 76dB
- Preattenuation pad 0dB, -10dB, -20dB selectable
- Bass filter flat, 12dB/octave at 75 or 150Hz, selectable
- Impedance <200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance >1000 ohms
- Supply voltage 9 to 52 volts phantom power
- Current consumption <2 mA
- 3-pin XLR connector
- Satin nickel plated finish